Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #81
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
He has already won 2 natty's, sent numerous players to NFL, top college recruiter etc.. Will the momentum really be that great? IF he loses will UC lose recruits? Just not buying that UC will be so much more of an attractive option if they win to recruits. If a recruit wants to play in a P5, they will, even if it means going to UK or Purdue. Minor difference IMO. Hope OSU loses so we can get our coach that they are borrowing for the time being.
Yes. It's about what just happened. We are instant gratification society. "I'm playing for a coach who just won the national title." is a cool thing to say in the cafeteria over "Im going to IU." You cant lose what you never had and if they dont win he can still sell the fact he just coached a defense that played in the college playoff. The Buckeyes being there is a win for UC. The further they go the more advantageous it becomes for coach Fick thus more advantageous to the Bearcats.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:03 PM   #82
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Yes. It's about what just happened. We are instant gratification society. "I'm playing for a coach who just won the national title." is a cool thing to say in the cafeteria over "Im going to IU." You cant lose what you never had and if they dont win he can still sell the fact he just coached a defense that played in the college playoff. The Buckeyes being there is a win for UC. The further they go the more advantageous it becomes for coach Fick thus more advantageous to the Bearcats.
Sorry Jack, agree to disagree. By this logic if Alabama wins FAU will be a cool/trendy place to go? Just not buying it, If any advantage it is so minor and not worth rooting for them.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:29 AM   #83
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm

TT won a national championship at Auburn. That didn't seem to help his recruiting at Texas Tech or UC, did it?
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:55 AM   #84
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XgradforUC View Post
Hmmmm

TT won a national championship at Auburn. That didn't seem to help his recruiting at Texas Tech or UC, did it?
Actually, he didn't lol
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #85
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Sorry Jack, agree to disagree. By this logic if Alabama wins FAU will be a cool/trendy place to go? Just not buying it, If any advantage it is so minor and not worth rooting for them.
How is that the same logic? You guys take everything to the furthest degree lol. Winning a national championship is a lot different than beating FAU lol, obviously. I'm not arguing either way on this debate, but you make no sense. I'm guessing both situations have there advantages. One, if they loss he will be here sooner to get to work faster, if they win he will get some extra recognition before he heads to UC. Either way I won't be routing for OSU, even if it would help, fo get the buckeyes.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #86
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
How is that the same logic? You guys take everything to the furthest degree lol. Winning a national championship is a lot different than beating FAU lol, obviously. I'm not arguing either way on this debate, but you make no sense. I'm guessing both situations have there advantages. One, if they loss he will be here sooner to get to work faster, if they win he will get some extra recognition before he heads to UC. Either way I won't be routing for OSU, even if it would help, fo get the buckeyes.
LOL, ok, lets spell it out again. Same logic meaning if Alabama wins, Kiffin will get a windfall of recruits at FAU when he leaves b/c playing for a coach that was in the NC is trendy
Old 12-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #87
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
GO BUCKS!
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #88
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
I encourage UC fans to root for whoever they wish in the CFP, if they are watching. I also understand a hatred for O$U and would never ask anyone to root for a team they hate.

I am rooting for Luke Fickell and UC to get mentioned early and often in a positive light. That is a win for UC and we can all agree that positive press for UC is good.

As for which team wins on the field, they're not Bearcats so my heart won't be leaping or stopping no matter who wins. It would be a win for UC if Fickell/UC is mentioned early and often in the Championship game. The only way that happens is if the Luckeyes beat Clemson (which my head tells me will be a tall order). If they get to the Championship, I will be rooting for them to lose (6 INT's and 4 fumbles with a stagnant offense in addition to the turnovers). I am not rooting for them to beat Clemson, but I am saying it would not be a bad thing.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #89
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post
I encourage UC fans to root for whoever they wish in the CFP, if they are watching. I also understand a hatred for O$U and would never ask anyone to root for a team they hate.

I am rooting for Luke Fickell and UC to get mentioned early and often in a positive light. That is a win for UC and we can all agree that positive press for UC is good.

As for which team wins on the field, they're not Bearcats so my heart won't be leaping or stopping no matter who wins. It would be a win for UC if Fickell/UC is mentioned early and often in the Championship game. The only way that happens is if the Luckeyes beat Clemson (which my head tells me will be a tall order). If they get to the Championship, I will be rooting for them to lose (6 INT's and 4 fumbles with a stagnant offense in addition to the turnovers). I am not rooting for them to beat Clemson, but I am saying it would not be a bad thing.
Go Tigers! Roll Tide if necessary.

Go Cats!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #90
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
We want Fickell to start here full time as soon as possible. That means OSU losing to Clemson.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote