Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #161
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i mean those things would make the offense better, but we knew coming into the year we didn't have them. we're just going to have to hope to hold good teams to under .9 ppp.
I thought most of our guards not named Williams could hit 35% or so from 3. Cumberland and Jenifer are really skewing the numbers. Even if they come back to earth and the others start making their shots I think the overall effects would be beneficial so defenses would have to cover some other players other than Cumberland.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #162
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
UCLA becomes a much bigger game now -

Tre was very disappointing yesterday, his shot was a line drive.

Nysier needs to learn to play defense int he post without leaning over. He gets 2 fouls a game by not staying vertical in the post.

At some point we need to get Trevor to make some shots.... But again. Very tough to get in a rhythm on a Mick team.
He needs to be part of the rotation for sure. If he is still nailing them in practice, it’s got to be a rhythm thing or confidence/game thing. I hope the coache or staff can figure it out. And I will give them credit if they do.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 AM   #163
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
MAMADOU

Wouldnt't it be nice, Cronin says he is the best offensive player in almost every practice. He may emerge next year or year after the way Keith has, just dont think Coach trusts him on the defensive end for prolonged periods.
I have not heard that, but if true he’s a fool for not playing him.

I say put pressure on the defense. Put pressure on the other team to match you. Not the other way around.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #164
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
MAMADOU

Wouldnt't it be nice, Cronin says he is the best offensive player in almost every practice. He may emerge next year or year after the way Keith has, just dont think Coach trusts him on the defensive end for prolonged periods.
I would question the "best offensive player" moniker but even if he is one of the best that would be a great thing. Because he has the ability to be the best defender on the team. He runs around and jumps like a deer and has over a 7' wingspan. That's Cronin's dream player.

Must be an ideology thing or a mental thing keeping him off the court. If he's not on board with Cronin's ideology or can't pick up the system...he's going to have troubles getting in. He's usually the last man in so there is something major keeping him out and it doesn't sound like it's a lack of skill.

I hope for everyone's sake (including Diara) that he buys in real quick.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:54 AM   #165
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would question the "best offensive player" moniker but even if he is one of the best that would be a great thing. Because he has the ability to be the best defender on the team. He runs around and jumps like a deer and has over a 7' wingspan. That's Cronin's dream player.

Must be an ideology thing or a mental thing keeping him off the court. If he's not on board with Cronin's ideology or can't pick up the system...he's going to have troubles getting in. He's usually the last man in so there is something major keeping him out and it doesn't sound like it's a lack of skill.

I hope for everyone's sake (including Diara) that he buys in real quick.
I would guess that it's his ability to grasp the defensive scheme CONSISTENTLY-possession to possession. But I also have no idea...purely speculative.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:59 AM   #166
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
He needs to be part of the rotation for sure. If he is still nailing them in practice, it’s got to be a rhythm thing or confidence/game thing. I hope the coache or staff can figure it out. And I will give them credit if they do.
I honestly thing it's just a "light switch" thing for Moore. He has to get over the mental hurdle and that could happen in one aha moment. He let's a miss totally affect his attitude. Last year he had one of the best attitudes on the team and this year you can see the body language and excitement missing at times.

It's not fun watching someone pass you up (Williams) for a rotation spot. But he has to get over that if he wants to get back in the mix. He doesn't have to look much further than Jenifer to see what putting your nose to the grindstone can do.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:57 AM   #167
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It's not fun watching someone pass you up (Williams) for a rotation spot. But he has to get over that if he wants to get back in the mix. He doesn't have to look much further than Jenifer to see what putting your nose to the grindstone can do.

he'll get his time to play over guys that potentially are better than him. its tradition.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #168
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
he'll get his time to play over guys that potentially are better than him. its tradition.
I think many of us thought Moore was going to be one of those guys
Old 12-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #169
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Lolololol
Had me rolling there buddy. Always enjoy reading you guys.