Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #101
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
[quote=Just think 1;207622]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
You’re right, we should cry that he left forever and never move on. Let me know how that goes. I’m great full that he rebuilt the program. Once again, what do you want me to do? He left, I moved on. You’re like th ex boyfriend that Is constantly talking about how great your ex was. They don’t want to be with you anymore!!!![/QUOTE
If I spent a decade trashing her how could I be upset if she leaves, maybe if you were grateful she wouldn’t .
If you know me at all, you know I was far from a mick hater when he was here but keep trying
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:55 AM   #102
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Short Answer: Yes
Long Answer: Yes Yes
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #103
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If you know me at all, you know I was far from a mick hater when he was here but keep trying
there were some that hated mick from the day he was hired. most of them were banned off.

there were others that turn over time. took me till 2018 to start to turn. i never thought he'd have more talent than 2018. we might not have more talent than that again. that team was beyond loaded. i was certain mick would lead us to great places up until that year. after that i thought he had likely peaked here.

it just turned me to apathy though. 2019 season was by far the least i've watched the team. i didn't think we should fire him, but i was not at all upset when he chose to leave. looking back at recruiting, his flirt with unlv, and so on, mick had decided to leave before 2019, it was just about finding a place.

remember when his camp made up the story that UC had reduced his pay. mick wanted out, end of story.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #104
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
When you enter the dance as a 5-10 seed every year nobody is expecting to make a F4 run (other than possibly the randomness crowd). It would be nice to make a few 2nd weekend trips in 9 years but even that would be about the pinnacle of expectations most years.

To have some REAL hope of making a deep run you have to come in as a top 15 or top 10 team like the single year we had a 2 seed.

9 straight tourneys is impressive but our outlook was bleak in 8 of them. In 9 years give me 3 protected seeds and 6 missed tourneys over 1 protected seed and 8 teams that had little chance to make any noise.

My issue with Cronin wasn't making the dance...it was making it with a legit contender team that had a snowball's chance in hell. If you know you aren't going to win or make a deep run...what is the difference?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #105
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
When you enter the dance as a 5-10 seed every year nobody is expecting to make a F4 run (other than possibly the randomness crowd). It would be nice to make a few 2nd weekend trips in 9 years but even that would be about the pinnacle of expectations most years.

To have some REAL hope of making a deep run you have to come in as a top 15 or top 10 team like the single year we had a 2 seed.

9 straight tourneys is impressive but our outlook was bleak in 8 of them. In 9 years give me 3 protected seeds and 6 missed tourneys over 1 protected seed and 8 teams that had little chance to make any noise.

My issue with Cronin wasn't making the dance...it was making it with a legit contender team that had a snowball's chance in hell. If you know you aren't going to win or make a deep run...what is the difference?

i really think the difference in bubble team and 1st round exit is very slim at best. you get to enjoy the season for 3-4 more days.

ive never once gone around bragging about a 1st round exit.

real talk last 9 seasons would you rather be us or xavier? they've missed twice in those 9 years but have 2 sweet 16's and an elite 8.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #106
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i really think the difference in bubble team and 1st round exit is very slim at best. you get to enjoy the season for 3-4 more days.

ive never once gone around bragging about a 1st round exit.

real talk last 9 seasons would you rather be us or xavier? they've missed twice in those 9 years but have 2 sweet 16's and an elite 8.
I’ve never bragged about making the tournament. To me, that’s silly. Great you made it, now what. Great, we’ve made it 9 years in a row. Awesome
Old 03-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #107
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
there were some that hated mick from the day he was hired. most of them were banned off.

there were others that turn over time. took me till 2018 to start to turn. i never thought he'd have more talent than 2018. we might not have more talent than that again. that team was beyond loaded. i was certain mick would lead us to great places up until that year. after that i thought he had likely peaked here.

it just turned me to apathy though. 2019 season was by far the least i've watched the team. i didn't think we should fire him, but i was not at all upset when he chose to leave. looking back at recruiting, his flirt with unlv, and so on, mick had decided to leave before 2019, it was just about finding a place.

remember when his camp made up the story that UC had reduced his pay. mick wanted out, end of story.
The pressure started getting to him. He started giving more attitude after normal questions. He knew that team was probably his best shot and they failed. When it was rumored of him leaving, I leaned more toward wanting him to stay buy I wasn’t that tore up about it after the fact. I think it was good for both sides. More for him. He gets a rise and doesn’t have the pressure of returning his school to the final four. He has different pressure now but it’s not his home town.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #108
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
2018 wasn’t Micks fault as much as many of you like to blame him. His game plan put us up by 20. Then the players had a meltdown. Mick isn’t on the court, he can’t make the guys hit shots. The players lost that game.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:58 AM   #109
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
2018 wasn’t Micks fault as much as many of you like to blame him. His game plan put us up by 20. Then the players had a meltdown. Mick isn’t on the court, he can’t make the guys hit shots. The players lost that game.
Does this apply to all coaches? Hmmm
Old 03-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #110
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
The coach is 100% accountable for who he subs in and out. Not taking Cumberland out and deciding he would leave it up to the player to decide was a huge mistake and cost them dearly. Add to the fact that Mick was crapping his pants during the meltdown which undoubtedly had an effect on the players. The coach had a meltdown, the players reflected the coach. To say Mick had nothing to do with that epic collapse is ridiculous. Why have a coach if they have no control of maintaining a 24 point lead with 12 minutes left?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote