Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #61
cincyfan81

cincyfan81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Jeezus, people were upset at TU and Lyons for trash talking late in the game, saying they escalated the fight. I'm sorry, but trash talking on the court happens all the time, I'm not going to accept that as a reason for the fight.
You can't be serious, every time you type a post I realize even more how dumb you really are. Take some ownership. Most UC fans have taken ownership of the fact our players acted like fools. You on other hand just sound more and more ignorant every time you post. Tu and Lyons are definitely punks. The entire nation is pretty much saying the same thing.
cincyfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #62
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
Bearcat Jeff--were you this mad at Lance talking shit to Mack throughout the whole game?
I can't answer for Jeff, but I was supremely embarrassed. How about you? When Lance was talking trash did you think it was acceptable? If not you're a hypocrite. If so you may have lost sight of the fact that these athletes represent their respective universities, and have an impact on their universities' images. That, or you don't care. Either way, it speaks volumes.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #63
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Yes I thought it classless and I was glad he didn't come back. Why do you guys excuse this? All the Lance talk aside, one doesn't excuse the other. Go tear a water fountain off, no suspension. Tu threw a punch last year, overlooked. I hated the rep that this school got under the Huggins years. Xavier used to conduct itself with some class.
I don't excuse it, I just want to be sure it goes both ways. Another poster didn't think Lance was at fault but Tu was classless.

I will say, Lyons stepped up at the end to calm down Gates. Not that it matters, but I thought that was good.

I don't see grounds for suspensions to Tu--at least from the A-10/NCAA. I think he could see one from Xavier.

I think Dez will be out for 3 or 4 games, but with X being in a holiday tournament, he may be suspended for the Oral Roberts game and then the whole tournament (5)

Lyons will get a 1 game suspension. Possibly 2.

Gates will probably get at least 7- he did connect on two punches.

The player who tried to stomp on Kenny will get 1 (well, he was thrown out for fighting so he will at least get 1, just like Gates and Lyons)

What do you guys see happening?

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #64
adrock
Elite Member

I hope (and think) Yancy and/or Cheikh will be kicked off the team but allowed to keep their scholarships to finish school. I think I also saw Kelvin Gaines swinging, so I would imagine he'll be suspended for a couple games.

As for Xavier, I think Tu will be suspended for a game or two. I think Wells and Lyons (particularly Wells) should be in deep shit. I have serious doubts that it will come to pass though. Xavier basketball now runs the University, not the other way around.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #65
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I don't excuse it, I just want to be sure it goes both ways. Another poster didn't think Lance was at fault but Tu was classless.

I will say, Lyons stepped up at the end to calm down Gates. Not that it matters, but I thought that was good.

I don't see grounds for suspensions to Tu--at least from the A-10/NCAA. I think he could see one from Xavier.

I think Dez will be out for 3 or 4 games, but with X being in a holiday tournament, he may be suspended for the Oral Roberts game and then the whole tournament (5)

Lyons will get a 1 game suspension. Possibly 2.

Gates will probably get at least 7- he did connect on two punches.

The player who tried to stomp on Kenny will get 1 (well, he was thrown out for fighting so he will at least get 1, just like Gates and Lyons)

What do you guys see happening?
To me Wells should get hit hard. If he doesn't blindside Guyn this may have never escalated to this level. Matter of fact I think his actions are the most overlooked in this whole incident. His actions started an all out brawl. I think the Tu factor comes down to what is in the UC video that has been distributed and what it shows him doing. Gates will probably see 7 games. Mbodji probably 1-2. I dont know who number 24 on X is but he is on film throwing a punch. If I was X I would look at suspending Tu and Lyons for the way they represented the university. If you're serious about cleaning this up I think you have to send a message even if it hurts.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #66
DontMissHim
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
I can't answer for Jeff, but I was supremely embarrassed. How about you? When Lance was talking trash did you think it was acceptable? If not you're a hypocrite. If so you may have lost sight of the fact that these athletes represent their respective universities, and have an impact on their universities' images. That, or you don't care. Either way, it speaks volumes.
IMO- trash talk is all the same. You are completely against it, I assume? It reflects poorly on the university--you don't like when kids scream "and 1". That is a form of trash talking. Like I said before, tons of former NBA players came forward to say anything goes when trash talking after the KG incident and I agree. I understand you are completely against trash talking- you were livid at SK's comments before the game. At least, if you weren't, or you don't mind a little trash talking- then you are a hypocrite.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #67
DontMissHim
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
To me Wells should get hit hard. If he doesn't blindside Guyn this may have never escalated to this level. Matter of fact I think his actions are the most overlooked in this whole incident. His actions started an all out brawl. I think the Tu factor comes down to what is in the UC video that has been distributed and what it shows him doing. Gates will probably see 7 games. Mbodji probably 1-2. I dont know who number 24 on X is but he is on film throwing a punch. If I was X I would look at suspending Tu and Lyons for the way they represented the university. If you're serious about cleaning this up I think you have to send a message even if it hurts.
Neither do I, Xavier doesn't have a 24. You could have meant Andre Walker, #54. But it appeared like he was actually holding X players back. At least from the ESPN film. (Many Xavier fans felt he was the only senior who acted like one). Regardless, I agree with everything you say. I am interested in the press conference today from Xavier.

The only thing we might differ on is what you mean by Wells getting it hard. I think 5 games sounds right, not being able to travel with the team on Christmas tournament. Are you looking for something more?

Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #68
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Neither do I, Xavier doesn't have a 24. You could have meant Andre Walker, #54. But it appeared like he was actually holding X players back. At least from the ESPN film. (Many Xavier fans felt he was the only senior who acted like one). Regardless, I agree with everything you say. I am interested in the press conference today from Xavier.
If that was indeed him he threw a punch.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #69
adrock
Elite Member

Quote:
IMO- trash talk is all the same. You are completely against it, I assume? It reflects poorly on the university--you don't like when kids scream "and 1". That is a form of trash talking. Like I said before, tons of former NBA players came forward to say anything goes when trash talking after the KG incident and I agree. I understand you are completely against trash talking- you were livid at SK's comments before the game. At least, if you weren't, or you don't mind a little trash talking- then you are a hypocrite.
There is a difference between saying someone couldn't start on your team, and yelling "put 'em in a fuckin' body bag" when you're destroying somebody, or telling the few UC fans in the audience that you'll ******* murder them. Do you not see the difference?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #70
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
There is a difference between saying someone couldn't start on your team, and yelling "put 'em in a fuckin' body bag" when you're destroying somebody, or telling the few UC fans in the audience that you'll ******* murder them. Do you not see the difference?
Amen! I hope that video of frease going after Larry Davis's wife and daughter yelling he will kill all of them gets exposed and the NCAA sees it. The way Tu and them went in the crowd afterwards is darn right sickening! Honestly looked like ignorant gangs members celebrating after committing illegal acts. Even worse you have Chris Mack who approved it and wanted his seniors go celebrate. If that is what the president of X wants to support I am glad they were exposed nationally for everyone to see the truth behind that asylum.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote