Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Joe Lunardi's 2011 96-Team Bracket

No. 13 Saint Mary's vs. No. 20 Cincinnati. Winner takes on No. 4 Kentucky.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/bracket?id=5071629
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Nice find.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
20 seed? Ouch.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Add a shooter (Burton) who can consistently hit a three to the current roster and this team will be better than last year. The key will be chemistry. But the starting 5 (Cash, Parker, Bishop or Wilks, Gates, Thomas) stacks up well with most of the returning squads in the BE, and hence, the country, IMO.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
Add a shooter (Burton) who can consistently hit a three to the current roster and this team will be better than last year. The key will be chemistry. But the starting 5 (Cash, Parker, Bishop or Wilks, Gates, Thomas) stacks up well with most of the returning squads in the BE, and hence, the country, IMO.
wow are you serious? Cashmere and Parker look to be a bit better then average, and Gates has potential. I wouldn't imagine the rest being anything more than a 6th man on bubble teams.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
anbuc88
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
wow are you serious? Cashmere and Parker look to be a bit better then average, and Gates has potential. I wouldn't imagine the rest being anything more than a 6th man on bubble teams.
Yes. My expectation is that each of them will all improve over the offseason. With added strength and impoved shooting with offseason work in the gym, Cash has a chance at being an upper level point guard. Parker has shown the ability to rebound and hit the outside shot. With more minutes this year and improvement in his overall game in the offseason, he should be in the top half of the BE for his position. Gates has as much talent and potential as anyone in the BE. He just has to play to that ability. Whether this will happen is a question mark, but I think we will see the light bulb go on this year. Thomas is 6'11"-7'0" and was coming on at the end of the season. With added strength he will be a force. Bishop has as much BE experience as anyone returning in the conference, and needs consistency. If we can see the Bishop that played against Villanova then this starting 5 could be something. Chemistry is the key as they have to play as a team, and not individual parts. A Darnell Burton type player coming of the bench (Deonte Burton) and this is a team to be reckoned with. Overly optimistic? Probably so, but that's why I'm a diehard Bearcats fan.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #7
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
Yes. My expectation is that each of them will all improve over the offseason. With added strength and impoved shooting with offseason work in the gym, Cash has a chance at being an upper level point guard. Parker has shown the ability to rebound and hit the outside shot. With more minutes this year and improvement in his overall game in the offseason, he should be in the top half of the BE for his position. Gates has as much talent and potential as anyone in the BE. He just has to play to that ability. Whether this will happen is a question mark, but I think we will see the light bulb go on this year. Thomas is 6'11"-7'0" and was coming on at the end of the season. With added strength he will be a force. Bishop has as much BE experience as anyone returning in the conference, and needs consistency. If we can see the Bishop that played against Villanova then this starting 5 could be something. Chemistry is the key as they have to play as a team, and not individual parts. A Darnell Burton type player coming of the bench (Deonte Burton) and this is a team to be reckoned with. Overly optimistic? Probably so, but that's why I'm a diehard Bearcats fan.
It is not that we don't want it to happen, but there is no point in getting your expectations up that we will be any better than last year. Losing the two leading scores on the team, and bringing in decent prospects doesn't bode well. This is what Mick has done for us, just keep lowering the bar fellas!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
cincyfan81

cincyfan81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You have to remember who this is coming from. So positive that on some boards people are convinced he is Mick's brother.
cincyfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
anbuc88
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan81 View Post
You have to remember who this is coming from. So positive that on some boards people are convinced he is Mick's brother.
Really? You find what I posted to be SO positive that it is unrealistic? Would life be better for you by remaining pessimistic and negative. Bring something to the table rather than a moronic comment that I must be Mick's brother. Or better yet, go back to BCN with the rest of the negative crowd.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
anbuc88
Elite Member

Quote:
It is not that we don't want it to happen, but there is no point in getting your expectations up that we will be any better than last year. Losing the two leading scores on the team, and bringing in decent prospects doesn't bode well. This is what Mick has done for us, just keep lowering the bar fellas!
Who is lowering the bar? I expect for them to be improved next year, and if they are not, then I will also support hiring a new coach. The pieces are in place, the players and the coaching staff have to produce. They were not far off last year, and the loss of LS notwithstanding, I expect them to be better this year.