Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-28-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Thomas more (exhibition)

UC plays thomas more this thurs at 6 at fifth third, game will be broadcast on gobearcats.com
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
UC plays thomas more this thurs at 6 at fifth third, game will be broadcast on gobearcats.com
I suspect a Bearcat win.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
mdchick
Epic Member

Line is UC -1 over/under 200
Old 10-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
mdchick
Epic Member

Diarra is by far the biggest question mark going into the year, definitely want to see how he’s developing, the game was too fast for him last year, he looked quicker in midnight madness.

But I still think his decision making and b-ball IQ will always be a problem for him, I hope I’m wrong
Old 10-29-2019, 08:51 PM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Diarra is by far the biggest question mark going into the year, definitely want to see how he’s developing, the game was too fast for him last year, he looked quicker in midnight madness.

But I still think his decision making and b-ball IQ will always be a problem for him, I hope I’m wrong
Probably not a great thing that the suspected starting lineup does not include Diarra. I was hoping it would.

He’s got a lot to offer but maybe it’s not coming together fast enough
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:56 AM   #6
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Probably not a great thing that the suspected starting lineup does not include Diarra. I was hoping it would.

He’s got a lot to offer but maybe it’s not coming together fast enough
My suspected does
Old 10-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think Diarra will get there, but it might be another year or two. Diarra just hasn't played much organized basketball and there is no fix for that besides time. I'm guessing changing systems will set him back a little as well.

I haven't seen anything official about starting lineups and I think we need Diarra to be a starter. I don't see Vogt or Sorolla as starting material - maybe one of them can prove me wrong - and I still don't think we have enough tough athletic guards to play small (at least not until Moore and maybe Davenport get healthy). Not to mention that I don't think Scott is big enough to play a lot of minutes at center.

I really think Diarra is the key to our success this season. It's probably worth giving him minutes and letting him learn through playing. It may be ugly at first, but hopefully he will figure it out by tournament time.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #8
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
and I still don't think we have enough tough athletic guards to play small (at least not until Moore and maybe Davenport get healthy)..

how many do you think you need, 8?

back in the only year we played small how many did we have? 4?
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 AM   #9
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post

5 - Guyn averaged 10 MPG. Importantly though, SK and Dixon averaged 34mpg that year...beasts.

Point still true though.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post

Agreed. We are fine at guard/wing. That is our strength in both starters and bench quality. Bigs are the question and specifically the 5 or the second big after Scott.

We won't go 35 minutes for anyone because of the pace so I don't expect a repeat of 2012. We will use Williams, JC2, Harvey, Moore, etc. Maybe even Davenport or Woods.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote