Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2019, 11:09 PM   #41
Amberlycolonel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 438
Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Just because a guy is on scholarship doesnt mean he will get a ton of time on the floor. Give my our best 8 and make the rest earn time.

Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:56 AM   #42
itsamemario
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
We starting 4 guards?
I hope so
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:00 AM   #43
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,398
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Just because a guy is on scholarship doesnt mean he will get a ton of time on the floor. Give my our best 8 and make the rest earn time.
I will give you my best 7 and then leave a wild card open.

Cumberland
Scott
Williams
Cumberland

Harvey
Diara
McNeal
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #44
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,041
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I will give you my best 7 and then leave a wild card open.

Cumberland
Scott
Williams
Cumberland

Harvey
Diara
McNeal
I think Davenport could be a good wing defender. Good size. Kinda like tre was as a freshman. Could get some minutes. Iím just guessing tho
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #45
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,398
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think Davenport could be a good wing defender. Good size. Kinda like tre was as a freshman. Could get some minutes. Iím just guessing tho
Not going to be a lot of time left over on the wing but a bigger guy like Davenport or Prince could sneak in there for some small ball action if we need some size to rebound or defend.

Sorolla is going to get his minutes by default and could get more if Diara isn't quite ready. MAW is likely behind McNeal. Moore will have to shoot the ball extremely well to get more than 10 minutes on the wing.

In terms of easy minutes I would have to go with Sorolla backing up the 5.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #46
TheRealMick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 214
TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Just because a guy is on scholarship doesnt mean he will get a ton of time on the floor. Give my our best 8 and make the rest earn time.
I agree with fast pace system and stacked wings, I say give 10 guys at least 10min. When conference starts you can go down to 8 depending on matchups. 7-10 guys should see heavy minutes in non conference regardless, don't want go into march with untested guys.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:16 AM   #47
Amberlycolonel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 438
Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
I agree with fast pace system and stacked wings, I say give 10 guys at least 10min. When conference starts you can go down to 8 depending on matchups. 7-10 guys should see heavy minutes in non conference regardless, don't want go into march with untested guys.
Agree somewhat with you. Think getting minutes for 10 players is a stretch. Hard to gel a starting 5 with constant subbing in and out.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.