Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2020, 09:52 PM   #181
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I surely thought the season was over when we went down 13. Kudos to Keith and Tre for helping the team find that missing gear and finding a way to elevate the team to victory. Hoping we climb back into the NET Top 50 tomorrow.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #182
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Woops. Bad timing huh.

I think maybe Trevon Scott has improved too. Dunno.
All Players improve.

They get older, stronger and more experienced.

but Keith's jump from Fresh to Soph was huge

His Jump from SOPH to JR is.. not so great. Its meh if anything. He saved our ass tonight. But Still not as impressive as he should be.

As for Tre Scott, again, he was on a trajectory of improving. He's improved every single year. He's a man on a mission and is embracing his last go round. Kudos to him for that. And for Brannen for empowering it.

Dou is Dou. He has Skill. He has athleticism. But He lacks game experience and IQ. His most impressive skill is Defense and he's been under utilized defensively up until the of this game. You have a great shot blocker and shot alterer and yet he is on the pine in games where you need a stop. Tonight hopefully opened some eyes. His Ceiling Is far higher than Vogt.

But for Brannen's guys.. I haven't seen a game over game consistent improvement with guys like Maw, Vogt & Harvey. Brannen has said it himself, they are no longer freshman. Jarron Cumberland was pretty damn consistent double digit scorer this time of year in his freshman season.

The only guys we could rely on were the players who played on last years team.

59 points from 3 returners. 20 points from the other 5 guys.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:09 PM   #183
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Oklahoma misses both free throws up 2 and then Texas banks in a three to win. Great.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:10 PM   #184
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
there is literally nothing that could happen where you would give Brannen credit. Trevon's second half of the year has been head and shoulders better than anything he has ever done before.
I’m not even a Brannen hate like that lmao. Now you’re just projecting your own insecurities. I’m sorry you’re right, Tre Scott showed zero progress in his last 3 years, now that Brannen is here he’s become ten times the player he was under lousy Mick. But seriously I’m not saying Tre hasn’t gotten better, or Keith and I’m not saying Brannen isn’t putting them in better positions, I think they’re both really talented guys though and I’m not gonna say they’re head over heels better because Brannen has been coaching them for the last 7 months
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:15 PM   #185
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
All Players improve.

They get older, stronger and more experienced.

but Keith's jump from Fresh to Soph was huge

His Jump from SOPH to JR is.. not so great. Its meh if anything. He saved our ass tonight. But Still not as impressive as he should be.

As for Tre Scott, again, he was on a trajectory of improving. He's improved every single year. He's a man on a mission and is embracing his last go round. Kudos to him for that. And for Brannen for empowering it.

Dou is Dou. He has Skill. He has athleticism. But He lacks game experience and IQ. His most impressive skill is Defense and he's been under utilized defensively up until the of this game. You have a great shot blocker and shot alterer and yet he is on the pine in games where you need a stop. Tonight hopefully opened some eyes. His Ceiling Is far higher than Vogt.

But for Brannen's guys.. I haven't seen a game over game consistent improvement with guys like Maw, Vogt & Harvey. Brannen has said it himself, they are no longer freshman. Jarron Cumberland was pretty damn consistent double digit scorer this time of year in his freshman season.

The only guys we could rely on were the players who played on last years team.

59 points from 3 returners. 20 points from the other 5 guys.
Tre and Brooks were playing very good together towards the end of last yr. Would have made for a top frontcourt this yr. I've ran into Trey frequently during his time here. Was always easy going and positive energy. Saw before the Memphis game I told him he could go pro and I really meant it. It's almost like he responded and raised his game but he was on a trajectory for this production. Just sat behind a few guys during his time but that's what good programs do. Ask for production from guys when it's needed and not out of attrition something that has been stressed this yr solid depth. Glad they pulled this one out I wanna see my team make the tournament at least certainly does matter win it all or not
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:20 PM   #186
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
imagine gary in this system.

hell imagine that 2018 team with brannen. that would have been a fun team to watch.
Lol my God... Bro pls spare us. We've yet to see if Brannen can attract talent the likes of... Diara and Harvey should of been getting more clock. Was cringing seeing McNeal in there he can somewhat play D I'll give him that. Definitely a team guy
Old 03-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #187
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
without jarron*
Aye they were supposed to win this one with or without jarron put the dub in the books... That's how automatic this one should of been. I sure do miss blowing teams like this out I know that. Hopefully this is the game that really gets Kieth going like Tre has got goin. Would be nice to see those two and jarron clicking. Thought he hurt his foot at the end of that Wichita game
Old 03-03-2020, 10:34 PM   #188
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
This board is funny after they win. Lose to a good Houston team and UCats JoeRunner and Justin wouldn’t shut up about how bad Brannen was. Beat a team on the road by more than we were suppose to and 2 of the 3 go quiet
I’m not quiet

What do you want me to say ?

You know what... let’s hang a banner for this win. I wanna see this USF victory in fifth third forever.

We beat a bad team who also doesn’t have its best player. UC should always expect to beat USF. Always.

That said it was a great win. And I credit Brannen for sticking with Dou. And playing better defense .

Y’all act it burns when we win. I’d rather win. I’d rather win them all. Brannen wins and he’s all right with me. He loses 10 games with 4 bad teams, then yea, he has some explaining to do.

I mean according to his wife on Twitter this is the kinda win that shuts the haters up. But I think she messed up because that game was Sunday.

Let’s enjoy the win, hopefully every one will be there Sunday. I know I will.

Go Bearcats.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 03-03-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:35 PM   #189
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Ps can a mod please add an avatar of Johnny Big Stuff?

I wanna change avatar to him when we win and then back to mick when we lose. But I had to settle for good ole Bob

Last edited by justinhub2003; 03-03-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:45 PM   #190
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m not quiet

What do you want me to say ?

You know what... let’s hang a banner for this win. I wanna see this USF victory in fifth third forever.

We beat a bad team who also doesn’t have its best player. UC should always expect to beat USF. Always.

That said it was a great win. And I credit Brannen for sticking with Dou. And playing better defense .

Y’all act it burns when we win. I’d rather win. I’d rather win them all. Brannen wins and he’s all right with me. He loses 10 games with 4 bad teams, then yea, he has some explaining to do.

I mean according to his wife on Twitter this is the kinda win that shuts the haters up. But I think she messed up because that game was Sunday.

Let’s enjoy the win, hopefully every one will be there Sunday. I know I will.

Go Bearcats.
LMAO...
Seriously tho, Let's Go Cats!
Always