Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How will the Bearcats do in AAC play?
17-1 or 18-0 4 12.12%
16-2 4 12.12%
15-3 17 51.52%
14-4 8 24.24%
13-5 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #11
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
The Cats are currently 11-2 and based on the poll above, it looks like the majority of fans are thinking that we will win 15 to 16 of our 18 game conference schedule. That puts us at 26-5 or 27-4.

If that in fact is our record at the end of the regular season, what rank do you think the Cats will be (in regards to the top 25) and assuming we finish 1 or 2 in the conference tourny, what seed will we get in the NCAA tournament?
Thomas I really don't put a bunch of stock into what our rank is. The reason is because I don't have a bunch of faith in the pollsters and I really don't think it is driven by how good the team is. Networks and P5 conferences have changed the economics of the game. It drives the rankings and the seedings. One thing I will say is I have watched a bunch of games this year and I really have struggled to find that one dominant team. More so this year then some previously. I think the field is wide open.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #12
CHEER CINCY
Banned

CHEER CINCY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Are you allowed to tell a chef the meal he cooked you isn't good when you're not a chef?

Can you have an opinion that a politician is doing something dumb, or a bill is stupid, when you're not a politician?

You don't have to be at an official expert level in a field to have an opinion on something, and even more so to be right. If that's a pre-requisite for discussion, then what exactly qualifies your opinion? Other than blindly trusting Mick knows what he is doing with the Cane/JJ minutes distribution? Let's just stop talking about everything, coach knows best, and go on our merry way and shut the forum down. No point in discussing anything.
POST OF THE YEAR. Your reward? More back and forth with Waite in 2018!
CHEER CINCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

What I would like to see going forward in league play is for us to get a bit more consistent from the arc. to really take advantage of our strength we need to knock down a higher % of 3's. Teams who have given us problems have doubled the post at which point we either force up a shot or on occasion TO the ball. Where the Cats have been weak at since the start in my eyes has been finding the man who is open because of the double team. Having Two guys Gary and Kyle who have required a double team a fair amount of time should give us some open looks on the perimeter. When we knock down shots, we are very good. When we shoot poorly and TO the ball we are very beatable.

In our two losses

First X,we were killed on the glass and couldn't guard a folding chair. They doubled the post.

Against Florida they doubled the post and we forced shots and TO the ball 21 times.

In our two best wins

I was stunned Miss. St. didn't double Kyle and he had one of his best games.

Same against UCLA. The big difference is he was very effective drifting out on the perimeter against them. We also guarded well against both teams and took much better care of the ball.

We can't allow teams to double the post without making them pay. If they do it will be very tough to be consistent on offense. I know a effort is being made to correct this issue because since the Florida game I have seen players heading for the rim when Gary and Kyle have felt the double team. We have not taken advantage of it often but I have seen us do it. We are still late with our recognition. We need to fix this going forward. If we do I think we can compete with anyone.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #14
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEER CINCY View Post
I'll tell you what I'll take my conversation elsewhere and relieve you and other posters from having to read my post. Have a nice New year.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #15
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEER CINCY View Post
That's what makes this board great.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:35 PM   #16
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
What makes this board great is that we have regular contributors who may not agree with everything we post but in their own way all care about UC basketball/football. Posters disagree with me all the time, I really don't feel like I am being attacked and sometimes actually come around to other posters ideas/thoughts/rants etc. I hope all will keep posting because I really enjoy this board.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I saw a stat that after made shots when we take 11-30 seconds to get a shot, we are shooting over 45% from 3 and shooting 3s on almost 40% of those possessions. Found that interesting.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I saw a stat that after made shots when we take 11-30 seconds to get a shot, we are shooting over 45% from 3 and shooting 3s on almost 40% of those possessions. Found that interesting.
For reference, we are under 35% of our shots being 3s this year as a whole and shot 3s 36% of the time last year.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:06 PM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
For reference, we are under 35% of our shots being 3s this year as a whole and shot 3s 36% of the time last year.
Jake I really think we look good when we knock down some 3's. I'm hoping that Cane, Cumberland and Evans can find their strokes on some consistent basis. I think it is the elusive piece of the puzzle for us.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #20
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
UC by 20+, should open the conference play with a nice easy win.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote