Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How will the Bearcats do in AAC play?
17-1 or 18-0 4 12.12%
16-2 4 12.12%
15-3 17 51.52%
14-4 8 24.24%
13-5 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #21
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
REALLY Happy to be through the OOC schedule. Would love to run the home schedule and finish the league with 2 losses at the most.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #22
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jake I really think we look good when we knock down some 3's. I'm hoping that Cane, Cumberland and Evans can find their strokes on some consistent basis. I think it is the elusive piece of the puzzle for us.
I know we have had some bad shooting nights but overall we are shooting better than last year. Even our bad nights haven't been as bad as our bad games last year so far. Evans is at 42%, Broome is at 44%, and Cumberland is at 36%. Other than Williams we are knocking down 3's at a very respectable rate.

I am very happy so far with 3 point shooting given that we haven't been playing at our own arena. We can point to a bump from patsy teams but last year through 13 games we were shooting 32.5%. This year we are at 37.5%. Again...by this time last year we had more home games (I think) and we were playing in our true home.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #23
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I know we have had some bad shooting nights but overall we are shooting better than last year. Even our bad nights haven't been as bad as our bad games last year so far. Evans is at 42%, Broome is at 44%, and Cumberland is at 36%. Other than Williams we are knocking down 3's at a very respectable rate.

I am very happy so far with 3 point shooting given that we haven't been playing at our own arena. We can point to a bump from patsy teams but last year through 13 games we were shooting 32.5%. This year we are at 37.5%. Again...by this time last year we had more home games (I think) and we were playing in our true home.

we are at 33.9% as a team for the month of december. broome at 43.8 %, evans at 38.7 % cumberland at 34.6%.

then its bad. gary and kyle are 33%, jenifer is 27.3%, moore is 20%, williams is 20%.

Last edited by cincrulz11; 12-27-2017 at 12:35 PM.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #24
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
FG% in December (at least 15 shots)

Kyle - 52.9%
Cane - 52.4%
Evans - 47.8%
Williams - 47.6 %
Gary - 43.9%
Cumberland - 36.2%
Jenifer - 27.3%
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #25
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
we are at 33.9% as a team for the month of december. broome at 43.8 %, evans at 38.7 % cumberland at 34.6%.

then its bad. gary and kyle are 33%, jenifer is 27.3%, moore is 20%, williams is 20%.
Well we had our 4 big games packed into December and we are not playing Tru home games really. Actually our games away from home are better than at home I think in terms of 3 point shooting.

I think this is all going to help in March. As well as getting Cane more minutes... lol!
Old 12-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #26
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
FG% in December (at least 15 shots)

Kyle - 52.9%
Cane - 52.4%
Evans - 47.8%
Williams - 47.6 %
Gary - 43.9%
Cumberland - 36.2%
Jenifer - 27.3%
Thanks for providing the data. I just feel that with how teams double our bigs we should get a bunch of good looks on the perimeter. Good teams make you pay for double teams. Like to see us make teams pay.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #27
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for providing the data. I just feel that with how teams double our bigs we should get a bunch of good looks on the perimeter. Good teams make you pay for double teams. Like to see us make teams pay.
I think this is specifically a Kyle problem. Gary does just fine. I think Cronin probably asked him to force the issue too much down low. Gary has a pretty good feel for when to take it himself or pass out of it.

Kyle goes much too fast to see anything. I like that coach asked him to slow it down. Not only has he been scoring better but he should be able to assist better too.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #28
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I think this is specifically a Kyle problem. Gary does just fine. I think Cronin probably asked him to force the issue too much down low. Gary has a pretty good feel for when to take it himself or pass out of it.

Kyle goes much too fast to see anything. I like that coach asked him to slow it down. Not only has he been scoring better but he should be able to assist better too.
I think Gary takes better care of the ball but I have seen quite a few times in the last few games when he has been late delivering the ball to a player open in front of the rim. I think it is something we need work on. If we are to take advantage of the double teams we need better execution with the pass out of it. Hitting a few more on the perimeter would also help. I guess what I'm saying is we need to score the ball out of the double team.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think Gary takes better care of the ball but I have seen quite a few times in the last few games when he has been late delivering the ball to a player open in front of the rim. I think it is something we need work on. If we are to take advantage of the double teams we need better execution with the pass out of it. Hitting a few more on the perimeter would also help. I guess what I'm saying is we need to score the ball out of the double team.
It's been mentioned before but we don't receive the ball on the block. We catch it too far out making the double very easy. You can guard two men if they are standing close enough.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:02 AM   #30
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
It's been mentioned before but we don't receive the ball on the block. We catch it too far out making the double very easy. You can guard two men if they are standing close enough.
work in progress I guess. I Do think we have missed quite a few opportunities. Gary has missed some very short but contested shots and Kyle when able to go over his right shoulder has been money but often has forced things. Establishing position on the block has never been a strong suit for Kyle. It is getting better but we still have a ways to go.