Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #101
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Moore shot 5/9 from 3, 0/1 from 2, and 3/3 FT over the 3 games. The small volume of shots doesn't indicate he's looking at a big role change but it's nice to see he was at least efficient.
He still makes dumb plays he hustled his ass off in game 1.

Don’t write off Trevor. He will be a 2 year 40% 3 point shooter at UC
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:07 PM   #102
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
trevor wouldn't need to be a high volume shooter, but if he can keep the defense honest and stretched out that is a very important role to fill.

its probably why he's a better fit for this team this year than williams. its gonna be tough to drive this year and williams' game is probably just not right for this mix of players.

broome
moore
cumberland
fredericks
scott

would be an offense that should have an ability to score a little. spread defenses out and make defenses work to keep broome and cumberland out of the paint. we've made it far too easy in the past by planting our own bigs on the block. bogged down our own offense.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #103
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Moore is going to be trigger man off the bench I would think.

Williams ability to get in the lane is very SK like.

I’m confident he can get to the rim, his issue is ball handling and not trying to do too much.

People have reported that Keith, Trevon and Diarra look the most improved
Old 08-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #104
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
trevor wouldn't need to be a high volume shooter, but if he can keep the defense honest and stretched out that is a very important role to fill.

its probably why he's a better fit for this team this year than williams. its gonna be tough to drive this year and williams' game is probably just not right for this mix of players.

broome
moore
cumberland
fredericks
scott

would be an offense that should have an ability to score a little. spread defenses out and make defenses work to keep broome and cumberland out of the paint. we've made it far too easy in the past by planting our own bigs on the block. bogged down our own offense.
I was thinking Williams fits the 4 out mold and Moore can play either or. I hope we get to see about 20 mpg plus of 4 out. Clogging the paint is a bad idea this year. I just don’t think Cronin will do it as much as I would like. He’s got to keep players happy and we have 4 bigs who want to see time on the floor. Diarra allows us to unclog the lane a little.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #105
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I’m confident he can get to the rim, his issue is ball handling and not trying to do too much.

Last year everyone said Brooks was the MIP pre season. That turned out to be hogwash. My money is on Ellie this year. FTs alone would be a big step. He had nowhere to go but up!
Old 08-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #106
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

sk was a threat to shoot the 3. teams are gonna sag all the way back on keith so its gonna be more difficult on him than it was sk.

keith is obviously more explosive than sk, but sk was just so strong.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:37 PM   #107
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
sk was a threat to shoot the 3. teams are gonna sag all the way back on keith so its gonna be more difficult on him than it was sk.

keith is obviously more explosive than sk, but sk was just so strong.
If I had to guess, I think Keith improves 3 fold on 3 point shot.

I truly think he can get to 30-33% which all he needs to keep defenses honest
Old 08-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #108
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If I had to guess, I think Keith improves 3 fold on 3 point shot.

I truly think he can get to 30-33% which all he needs to keep defenses honest
Looking back at his recruiting page there was concern about his form but not his percentage from 3. Sounds like he shot decent in HS. I have to believe last year was mostly mental. I think he can make 1 out of 3 shots from deep. You just don’t forget how to make open shots which is what he should be shooting for the most part. If he does get to 30 percent plus... he will be an excellent player.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #109
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:

broome
moore
cumberland
fredericks
scott

Most years I would agree with you. Last year it made sense to plant the bigs on the block. Evans was not the best at getting in the lane and Jenifer would not have been effective doing that either. We also had the option of sending the bigs to the arc if we needed to.

This year Cumberland, Williams, and Broome can all get in the lane. Perhaps Johnson can do that as well. We need to clear some space but it won't work if we are playing 4 on 5 if we send one of our bigs out of the lane (the D won't follow them). We have to run some small ball. The problem is we are probably a better defensive team with 2 bigs in the game since they are so athletic and mobile.

We could do a lot of situational subbing. It's going to be interesting but hopefully not too predictable.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #110
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
“Tonight we got beat by a veteran team that had tremendous offensive execution,” UC head coach Mick Cronin said. “I’m still very disappointed with our veteran players and their defensive effort.

...have you heard this before, 12 years later, same glaring issues