Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #871
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFreaselefteye View Post
https://m.soundcloud.com/charlie-wal...x-eppensteiner

A buddy of mine is starting a podcast (one of many). But it’s pretty solid. He had Alex EppenSteiner on for the first episode. Easy listen under a half hour.
Good episode... I think he does a good job of facilitating discussion and has a good voice for radio. Alex didn't do much to help but at least he had some inside information regarding his playing days.

I'd be interested in hearing more of his stuff. Do you know how frequent he will be producing episodes?
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:08 AM   #872
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
So much Bearcat content out there. I think it's great. It just means people are truly invested in the program. Awesome to see. The buzz this year has been crazy.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #873
KennyFreaselefteye

KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
Good episode... I think he does a good job of facilitating discussion and has a good voice for radio. Alex didn't do much to help but at least he had some inside information regarding his playing days.

I'd be interested in hearing more of his stuff. Do you know how frequent he will be producing episodes?
He is a TV and Radio personality in Knoxville.. He told me he was tired of angry Butch Jones hate callers all the time, and how bad Tennessee is so he wanted to do something where he could get excited and be positive about the team. His twitter name is @C_Walter_ and he told me he'd post them there. I'll try to post them here as well, but according to him, he'll do them whenever he has worthy content. So when the season begins I imagine they will be weekly.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #874
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
So much Bearcat content out there. I think it's great. It just means people are truly invested in the program. Awesome to see. The buzz this year has been crazy.
Yah I agree. I don't usually expect to hear a lot of negative things about practice play with some of the newcomers or even returning bench players but usually there is at least one guy out there who is "just not ready" to contribute in a meaningful way. Almost all the reports so far are positive.
Some of us thought that could be guys like Nsoseme or Moore but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I think almost everyone on this team has something they can offer when we need it this year. Whether that is defense, rebounding, knocking down a 3, or just giving quality breather minutes. As long as they know where to be on D...they can all contribute in some way. It sounds like almost all of the returning guys have made some improvements and the frosh are looking pretty good so far.

Cronin said you will not see the same 5 starters out there every game so anyone with a slightly inflated ego could be replaced by someone working harder in practice etc. My best guess is two of those players will not be Clark or Evans. I think it could be good for this team to use the bench early in the year to keep everyone working hard and focused on the prize. Not to mention it keeps the bench working hard for a chance to start. By conference time I would hope we can see the same group of starters out there.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #875
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Earlier in the year many posters on here (NTS included) were worried that UC would not have a home court advantage. After looking at ticket sales I think that worry can be thrown out the window
Old 10-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #876
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Earlier in the year many posters on here (NTS included) were worried that UC would not have a home court advantage. After looking at ticket sales I think that worry can be thrown out the window
It's very encouraging for sure. We are going to have an advantage I'm just not sure it will be as big of an advantage playing in a different arena off campus. I am not worried about the crowd as much as I am not being familiar with the arena. We will have some time to play some cupcakes to get used to it I guess so when we get to the meat of the schedule...we will probably be okay.

We pretty much shot lights out at home last year and poor when outside of our home arena (on average). A lot of that may be due to other factors...but at least a little is familiarity with surroundings IMO. I think Kyle already mentioned the depth perception is different because of the style of arena. I think one problem is our old arena was quite a bit different from others.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #877
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It's very encouraging for sure. We are going to have an advantage I'm just not sure it will be as big of an advantage playing in a different arena off campus. I am not worried about the crowd as much as I am not being familiar with the arena. We will have some time to play some cupcakes to get used to it I guess so when we get to the meat of the schedule...we will probably be okay.

We pretty much shot lights out at home last year and poor when outside of our home arena (on average). A lot of that may be due to other factors...but at least a little is familiarity with surroundings IMO. I think Kyle already mentioned the depth perception is different because of the style of arena. I think one problem is our old arena was quite a bit different from others.
I thought Kyle was more so referring to the Rims and how tight or loose they were.

looks like we sold somewhere close to 6k in season tickets, and 2k for students. I don't care where you play, if you have 8k fans roaring for you on hardwood floors with your logos, its home court and we should shoot fine.

But I am interested to see what happens on Saturday. Been looking forward to it for weeks
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #878
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I thought Kyle was more so referring to the Rims and how tight or loose they were.

looks like we sold somewhere close to 6k in season tickets, and 2k for students. I don't care where you play, if you have 8k fans roaring for you on hardwood floors with your logos, its home court and we should shoot fine.

But I am interested to see what happens on Saturday. Been looking forward to it for weeks
He also mentioned depth perception because the arena was different. I think he said it was more of a bowl shape. Probably more like our new arena will look but not the old one.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #879
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Season just got a bit harder... yikes.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #880
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Has there been a press release yet?
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote