Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2019, 11:57 PM   #121
Goldpanner

Goldpanner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The stretch he played coming off 4 fouls was Jarron of old
I agree. I sure hope he cranks it up. This could be a pretty good team if everyone plays to their potential
Goldpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:04 AM   #122
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldpanner View Post
I agree. I sure hope he cranks it up. This could be a pretty good team if everyone plays to their potential
The way the bigs played tonight (and most of the year except Scott who was the least of our worries) I think we are in decent shape. Considering our strength was guards coming in.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:23 AM   #123
Quadri's #1 fan

Quadri's #1 fan is on a distinguished road
Bummer they won Very good game and expect this play to continue. 19 more games and they hit 20 let's go.
Quadri's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #124
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
He has only recently accepted that he might be able to score. He use to say he wouldn’t be able to do it constantly. After 10 games, he had change his tune. The thing is, no one on here has said he can play good defense if he has to move. He has limitations. Everyone has admitted that. But you have to be happy with what he has given us so far this year.
I've changed my tune on a number of players. I said not long ago that Sorolla and McNeal don't belong on the team. I judge game to game and evaluate on what I see.

Vogt has been our worst defender (some might argue Jaevin is worse, but I'd argue Vogt is, because center is a more vital position) throughout the season. Sorolla outplayed him last night and not by an insignificant margin. I would argue Sorolla is just an average defender, but that makes him far better than Vogt defensively.

Sorolla also passes better and post up better early in the possession. Yes he's a bad rebounder, but Vogt isn't very good rebounding either. I like that Vogt can finish and dunk when 5 feet from the rim, but I that is literally the only skill where he is above average. He excels at that one skill, but I greatly prefer a complete player. Sorolla looked like a more complete player last night.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #125
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The way the bigs played tonight (and most of the year except Scott who was the least of our worries) I think we are in decent shape. Considering our strength was guards coming in.
I'd say the most promising thing is the way Williams has been playing. Williams looks like our best NBA prospect, and that includes if Jarron goes back to how he played last year. If Williams continues to play like he has over the last 2-3 weeks, I expect him to be a late 1st round pick in the spring.

Keith is our most complete player and does everything. He's our best defender, second best rebounder (behind Scott), best slasher and creates a lot of havoc even when he doesn't have the ball.

It was also good seeing Scott finally being utilized how he should be. A lot of cuts to the basket. Scott has looked out of position playing as basically a guard, but he looked a lot more comfortable last night with a different role.

Jarron also looked better late in the second half. If he, Keith and Scott can play up to their potential, they can lead this team to wins.

My favorite play of the night was MAW's late game half-court pass to Vogt. Few freshmen have the confidence to make that pass at that point in the game and it wan't an easy pass. MAW really showed poise with his passing and FT shooting. He has deserved to be the starter for a while now, glad Brannen finally made it happen.

Last edited by skyblade; 12-19-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:44 AM   #126
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I just liked that Tre was decisive

He had an idea what he was gonna do before he caught the ball
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #127
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I just liked that Tre was decisive

He had an idea what he was gonna do before he caught the ball
It seemed like he was put in a position to make plays more last night. Earlier in the season it seemed like he'd mostly get the ball on the perimeter and had to create something if he wanted to score. Last night, he'd get the ball with the defense already out of position. He didn't need to create, he just needed to make the right read and finish and he's more than capable of doing both.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #128
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Your fan MAW play was his bonehead half court pass to vogt? This explains alot about your understanding of basketball. Yikes.

And yes MAW is going to be awesome. Love his game. But that was undoubtably his worst play of the game.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #129
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I've changed my tune on a number of players. I said not long ago that Sorolla and McNeal don't belong on the team. I judge game to game and evaluate on what I see.

Vogt has been our worst defender (some might argue Jaevin is worse, but I'd argue Vogt is, because center is a more vital position) throughout the season. Sorolla outplayed him last night and not by an insignificant margin. I would argue Sorolla is just an average defender, but that makes him far better than Vogt defensively.

Sorolla also passes better and post up better early in the possession. Yes he's a bad rebounder, but Vogt isn't very good rebounding either. I like that Vogt can finish and dunk when 5 feet from the rim, but I that is literally the only skill where he is above average. He excels at that one skill, but I greatly prefer a complete player. Sorolla looked like a more complete player last night.
You say you like complete players, (we all do), but you want Diarra to play. He might be the least complete players we have ever seen. We all want complete players. We all want Kenyon martins running around. We don’t have them right now. In the meantime, Support the guys we do have. Guys that play hard, and great teammates and put up 10 and 6 every game.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #130
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post

Okay lol
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote