Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #101
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
No.. Brannen’s first full class is the 2020 class, Micks was the 2007 class

CJB’s 2019 class is not a full class, he built in 2-3 months and did a great job. He hit the lottery with a kid who no one else wanted.

But 2020 he’s been recruiting for 6 months plus the rest of the season until the 2020 class. CJB has time to make it great, but he only has 2 spots left.

Mick’s first full class was ranked #19 in the country.

I’m not losing any battles. Mick and Brannen seemingly suck at recruiting
How can you say he sucks lmao, he’s been at it for six months and hasn’t even coached a real hame for us yet. Give it time before you whine
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #102
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I honestly think Brannen. I think he gets it. He isn’t stuck in the 1990s. Obviously UCLA is a bigger draw, so he will be able to build quicker but I don’t think mick will be there long Term
Mick is gonna bring in top 5 and top 10 recruiting classes every year there. I hope we match what he does, but come on now. You have to see Micks success there coming from a mile a while. Despite all the thing you guys like to complain about, Mick IS a great coach, one of the best in college BB. His only problem was recruiting, not he is at a school that basically recruits itself he’s gonna be like Tony Bennett now, he’s gonna be able to implement his same system, but with basically all top 100 guys.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #103
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Yes, they love his act now. Let’s see how much they love it when he gets past the 1st weekend once in 15 years. How much you think they will love it? I’ll wait for your answer
It’s mind blowing how ignorant you can be because you hate Mick. If you think he’s gonna have as difficult as a time at UCLA come tournament time, I think you’re sadly mistaken. He’s going to be bringing in polished offensive players and then them in stout defenders. He will make UCLA the Virginia of the west
Old 10-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #104
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
The only decent player we lost was brooks and he was gone before a coach was announced. Not sure how that’s the new coaches fault but whatever helps your argument.
Jenifer and Broome aren’t decent?
Old 10-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #105
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
There are people on this board who think the mick Cronin era was this oppressive regime of shitty basketball.

These same people were party poopers after every loss but now expect every one to ooze with confidence and never complain when they clearly made following this board after a loss an extremely tiring experience.

I’m gonna do my best to not be like them. I’ve voiced my concerns on recruiting, but between the lines I want this team to win and I’ll be patient with them. I’m just happy we got Jarron back . He’s one of my favorite Bearcats ever.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #106
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How can you say he sucks lmao, he’s been at it for six months and hasn’t even coached a real hame for us yet. Give it time before you whine
I’m just not impressed with his chops so far in the 2020 class. I’ll quickly change my mind if he can get Eason or Traynor. But we’re already switching gears to back up guys so it can’t be a great sign.

I mean to land a kid ranked 180 we had to use a scholarship on his brother who would the 2nd lowest rated recruit in the last 15 years or so. The lowest was Elie.

The 2020 class is crucial. Because we need star players and more importantly star bigs
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:05 AM   #107
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Mick is gonna bring in top 5 and top 10 recruiting classes every year there. I hope we match what he does, but come on now. You have to see Micks success there coming from a mile a while. Despite all the thing you guys like to complain about, Mick IS a great coach, one of the best in college BB. His only problem was recruiting, not he is at a school that basically recruits itself he’s gonna be like Tony Bennett now, he’s gonna be able to implement his same system, but with basically all top 100 guys.
Man, exactly. I was willing to live with our tournament exits just knowing how it was going to be once the Nation got used to at least seeing UCbrand in a position to advance in the tournament yr after yr in the American conference... It's just harder to recruit at UC than UCLA and Mick was doing a pretty good job getting better talent and we were just on a level that needed and could be raised with still a young coach with a tons of experience but as a City and a university we somewhat dropped the ball seeing and accepting that. Now we have coach Brannen... Who is an unknown really. I hope he leads this team this yr I really do
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #108
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

There is definitely a big unknown factor with Brannen, but i already like the guy. I love that he brought midnight madness back. I like his energy. I like the players he’s brought in so far, I think Gabe is going to be very good for us as well, probably much better than his ranking suggests.

That being said, I loved Mick Cronin, like all fans I wish we could have more success in the tournament. It wasn’t his fault the players couldn’t hit a shot against Nevada. That was his real chance at a run, and it didn’t work out. But like I said before, he was constantly working with projects. That’s not going to be the case at UCLA. He’s going to have multiple top 50 guys learning his defensive system, he’s going to have natural scorers playing lock down defense. I can truly see him turning them into a powerhouse. We will find out a lot more in the next few months on both.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:23 AM   #109
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The guy was talking Brannen losing players to transfer, not players graduating. At least know what I’m referring to before you try to correct me.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:26 AM   #110
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m just not impressed with his chops so far in the 2020 class. I’ll quickly change my mind if he can get Eason or Traynor. But we’re already switching gears to back up guys so it can’t be a great sign.

I mean to land a kid ranked 180 we had to use a scholarship on his brother who would the 2nd lowest rated recruit in the last 15 years or so. The lowest was Elie.

The 2020 class is crucial. Because we need star players and more importantly star bigs
You’re not impressed with what he has done in the limited time he has been here? He has done a great job at piecing together a team with not much time. Added the other Cumberland. Got Harvey. I know you don’t give him credit for that but mick got lance. Similar situations. Feels like you want him to win a national championship before he coaches a game.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 10-23-2019 at 05:46 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote