Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-15-2021, 11:15 AM   #1541
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
UNGB, Angelo Allegri is now in the transfer portal haha, 6'7, 215lbs forward. Started for Wes this past season.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:21 AM   #1542
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
UNGB, Angelo Allegri is now in the transfer portal haha, 6'7, 215lbs forward. Started for Wes this past season.
He seems like a poor man's Davenport.

Would probably be a decent depth player but not somebody I'd want playing more than 15-20 minutes/game.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #1543
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but can anyone explain why everyone defected from the traditional boards (BCN, CSNBBS, here), which all free, to use his site?

I mean, back in the day bearcatnews was the place to go for inside info. And now everyone, including the former owner of BCN (JWUC89) are on BCJ. I just don't understand why. To get recruting info 2 minutes before you can find it anywhere else?

B. Fox gave more insight during the season that players weren't happy. Crickets from Chad. Justin Williams has provided tons of behind the scenes stuff and interviews during the Brannen fiasco, crickets from Chad. And now this?

This dude is insider info is pretty much worthless. Not to mention he is an absolute douchebag. He has no sense of humor, he's thin-skinned and his Twitter interactions are an embarrassment to the fanbase.

In case you couldn't tell, I really don't like Chad.
I have no idea, but Brendel definitely likes to pretend he has sources he does not actually have. I actually do have sources in the UC Athletic department, which I would never use to disclose info about the program (because it would be unethical and could cost me my job) and I can say he is full of shit
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #1544
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
2nd UNGB player to hit the portal.... Kaleb Hunter, 6'4, 190lbs guard.. another starter for Wes.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #1545
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
If he can bring back Saunders, Madsen and Tari...I will be a lot happier. If he can land a couple of studs from the portal will also make my day. I'm giving the man a chance and my full support and will judge Cunningham after seeing Miller in action.

I don't really want anyone from his team unless they can defend or rebound at a high level. I don't see any crazy good shooters.

Any news on assistants?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:51 PM   #1546
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I want Diarra back too!

Allegri looks like he'd be good if he put on 5-10 lbs, but if Tari comes back he'd be stuck on the bench with Davenport at the 3 and Tari at the 4.

Hunter I'd be okay with as a veteran who can get some bench minutes. But wouldn't want him starting.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #1547
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Trying to read up on all the good comments about Wes and I am starting to feel better. I hope he has another gear in him and has a motivation for greatness. Attention for details is what Luke has done and I hope Miller is the type that wakes up at night thinking about tiny details.

I think the work ethic is going to be there so that will give off on the players.

They shoot a lot of 3's over there (not very well) so hopefully we can lock up Mason and get a couple more who can also defend. I like the idea of driving and kicking out and we have a couple of PG's (hopefully) that can get that part done.

I am guessing he can get us a big man that we have been hoping for. A little worried about what he will find us on the wing
Old 04-15-2021, 01:55 PM   #1548
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I want Diarra back too!

Allegri looks like he'd be good if he put on 5-10 lbs, but if Tari comes back he'd be stuck on the bench with Davenport at the 3 and Tari at the 4.

Hunter I'd be okay with as a veteran who can get some bench minutes. But wouldn't want him starting.
I would take Diara back as well since we need the big bodies. Maybe someone new can turn his light bulb on.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:04 PM   #1549
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
What if Eason, Madsen, and Saunders did not come back?

That's still a possibility, and now with a New Coach there surely won't be a guarantee that these guys start, or get their amount of assumed playing time.

Everything has now reset and if I read Miller's Coaching philosophy correctly, he wants DEFENSE first tough guys that can play.

For me at this point UC just has a few returning players. Just because they started for Brannen means nothing at this point.

Hopefully the remaining and possibly returning guys assert themselves differently now, because Miller never recruited any of them, so there are no givens at this point.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #1550
waterhead
Senior Moderator

We don't know for sure who is going to be here but if Wes brings in players that beat out these guys for minutes...we are going to be damn good. Assuming we get them all to stay.

Eason, DD, MAW, Saunders, Davenport, Madsen, (Lakhin?)