UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #944
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
probably corryville carl
Chad talked about it on the skinny podcast, didn’t say he’s coming but said things could get interesting depending on JC...wtf is corryville Carl? I see people mentioning that all the time
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:21 PM   #945
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Chad talked about it on the skinny podcast, didn’t say he’s coming but said things could get interesting depending on JC...wtf is corryville Carl? I see people mentioning that all the time

i think its just a troll twitter account but it has guessed some things correctly.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #946
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think its just a troll twitter account but it has guessed some things correctly.
Group of x fans supposedly. Chad hates them but still can’t give an answer how they’ve been ahead on a bunch of info.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:45 AM   #947
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Just curious on Jarron...what would be the point in waiting until end of month? He didn't get the invited he wanted. He probably had a good idea what he was doing in either case right? What am I missing here?

Anyway, if Cumblerand stays it will definitely change this roller coaster ride. If the other commits I think that would help ease the pain of losing Curtis. I still wanted to see his long term career but just sayin.

If we were able to score Bolton that would ease the pain of losing Johnson. Or maybe Johnson could come back.

I don't know about replacing Brooks but I think I would be over the moon if the other 3 things happen. Probably very wishful thinking though.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:46 AM   #948
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Just curious on Jarron...what would be the point in waiting until end of month? He didn't get the invited he wanted. He probably had a good idea what he was doing in either case right? What am I missing here?

Anyway, if Cumblerand stays it will definitely change this roller coaster ride. If the other commits I think that would help ease the pain of losing Curtis. I still wanted to see his long term career but just sayin.

If we were able to score Bolton that would ease the pain of losing Johnson. Or maybe Johnson could come back.

I don't know about replacing Brooks but I think I would be over the moon if the other 3 things happen. Probably very wishful thinking though.
I would think if Cumberland is staying he should be in touch with coach on that very soon to help out with other recruits.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #949
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I would think if Cumberland is staying he should be in touch with coach on that very soon to help out with other recruits.
I want Cumberland to have the opportunity he has worked hard for. Selfishly I would prefer he use up his eligibility. And in reality, me not knowing all the details, it does appear on the surface that him coming back to UC is the right move. It's an amazing opportunity to go down as an all time Bearcat great. Not only for his personal achievements, but the added achievement of helping to stabilize a program in flux. Instantly moves him into the discussion along with other 4 year players (or at least players that exhausted their eligibility) like Kenyon, Steve, Nick (lots of the guys from that final 4 team actually), Sean, Gary, and the Bearcats of the 60's. Moving ahead of players like Forston, Evans, etc. From a tier 2 all time bearcat to Tier 1 all time bearcat.

Again, not knowing the entire story here, but that has to be appealing. And having a coach focused on creating space for him to operate...more offensive minded...team needing ball handlers...it's a great opportunity. But getting paid is also pretty nice
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #950
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I am sure he is discussing with his agent and family what the next steps could be professionally. I am sure Jarron understands there are other ways to play pro basketball even if it means not making it to the NBA. If he truly just wants to be a pro than I don't see him coming back but if he wants the NBA he may come back because he isn't going this year.

IMO on the euro thing I think if he takes that route his chances on coming to the NBA are even smaller. You don't see many guys go that route and come back and the guys that do don't make any significant impact in the NBA. But if he comes back that makes him another year older, I think he could make some improvements to his game but nothing that is going to elevate him to that next tier of player and he may solidify his legacy at UC and break some records. But that may not mean much to him, I don't know.

IMO if JC does go the euro route I think he just becomes another good college basketball player lost in the shuffle that is euro basketball, honestly how much attention does anyone pay to that over here ( speaking on behalf of myself). But then again he will be getting paid to play basketball and he will be a pro, so as I have said from the beginning, if the money is there regardless NBA or euro, you go get your money because the window to do so is very small.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote