Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #141
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Yeah, Vogt's ceiling isn't much higher than where he is currently at. Even in Europe (where he should play) not being able to shoot is going to make it hard on him. He's been better than expected and is a good stop gap guy.

I'm curious about what Brannen plans in the future. When Brannen came here there was a lot of talk about going to position-less basketball and playing smaller but faster and spreading the floor with five shooters. Is Vogt a sign that Brannen prefers to play with a more traditional big man, or is Vogt just a stop gap and Brannen will go with a different type of center in the future?

As you all know, I prefer the athletic big men, especially if we are going to play the fast paced style Brannen says we will. Brannen hasn't added a center to next years class yet, but we should see the answer by spring based on who he recruits.

I don't think Vogt will improve much next year. I can't see him improving that much on defense and his shooting form is so ugly it would likely take years of work for him to add a jumper. He could improve at rebounding if he can improve at identifying where the ball is going and pursuing the ball. I see him as a slightly above average AAC center, with potential to become a good AAC center.
I think Vogt is clearly a stop gap and we are lucky to have him. We’d probably be much worse without him. Offensively he demands a lot of attention. In the future I think brannen will Try for another top 100 guy and if he can’t get one, will work from there. I think he would prefer a more athletic guy but he doesn’t want a project. But I have no idea.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #142
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Agreed. Vogt has no chance at the NBA. That said he's is good college center and could be a pretty great college center by improving a little in a few areas which I think he's capable of
If he just improved passing out of double teams, I think it would help a lot. That’s also something that I think is reasonable.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote