Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #21
Doogle

Doogle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC baller View Post
Obekpa is 100% qualified according to Zags. I believe he would be more " in the know" than your mystery guy. Why can't you just let it go already? This Obekpa talk has now spilled to a different thread. You are right that UC is headed in the right direction. Wish I could say the same for your posts.
Ummm...OK. We're having a nice conversation about a recruit, and your good friend and St. John's suckant 1717 begins flaming about how Lavin is recruiting him now and "oh wait, we don't need him".

I think it speaks volumes that you folks are still on here, trolling for any way to keep posting about your "coup" in recruiting Obekpa. Congrats. St. John's is fantastic. Lavin is Phil Jackson, Dean Smith, Frank Maguire, and Vince Lombardi all rolled into one delicious, hair gelled basketball genius. Final Four or bust. NYC is basketball Jerusalem, despite no basketball championships of any kind in what, 40 years? Now pretty please, with sugar on top, feel free to get the f^ck out of here.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #22

1717 is on a distinguished road
doog, if you remember it was the crybabies on this site that started crying foul about Lavin once we took the lead the race for chris. sour grapes galore from chris isn't eligible to fans trying to contact the ncaa crying about lavin
1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
NYC baller

NYC baller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
Ummm...OK. We're having a nice conversation about a recruit, and your good friend and St. John's suckant 1717 begins flaming about how Lavin is recruiting him now and "oh wait, we don't need him".

I think it speaks volumes that you folks are still on here, trolling for any way to keep posting about your "coup" in recruiting Obekpa. Congrats. St. John's is fantastic. Lavin is Phil Jackson, Dean Smith, Frank Maguire, and Vince Lombardi all rolled into one delicious, hair gelled basketball genius. Final Four or bust. NYC is basketball Jerusalem, despite no basketball championships of any kind in what, 40 years? Now pretty please, with sugar on top, feel free to get the f^ck out of here.
Don't address me like that at all. I don't know who 1717 is nor do I care. I have been nothing but civil on here and happen to like it. That being said , it's not my job to police posts on this site . If you have a problem then quote 1717 and not me because I didn't troll one bit . Every school has its share of morons and you guys seem to be saddled with a few on this site as well. Take it down a notch tough guy. My post was to try and stop the nonsense, not start it back up again. I must admit that your Internet thuggery has me a little shaky over here though.
NYC baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Isn't it time to move on from this nonsense. Kid made his decision now its on to the next challenge. Might I suggest if you kids want to keep discussing this topic take it off line or PM each other.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #25
The Met

The Met is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't address me like that at all. I don't know who 1717 is nor do I care. I have been nothing but civil on here and happen to like it. That being said , it's not my job to police posts on this site . If you have a problem then quote 1717 and not me because I didn't troll one bit . Every school has its share of morons and you guys seem to be saddled with a few on this site as well. Take it down a notch tough guy. My post was to try and stop the nonsense, not start it back up again. I must admit that your Internet thuggery has me a little shaky over here though.
Concur. I'll also add that only one St. John's fan is trolling over here. Maybe, you should personally address him or her and not lump all of us in the same boat.

Ease up.
The Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #26
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1717 View Post
doog, if you remember it was the crybabies on this site that started crying foul about Lavin once we took the lead the race for chris. sour grapes galore from chris isn't eligible to fans trying to contact the ncaa crying about lavin
Who is trying to contact the NCAA? Ha Come on, no one said anything about that. Who knows how hard Mick was recruiting him in the end.

We will see who has a better year this upcoming season.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #27
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
I agree he does seem like another Gaines, maybe even redshirt as well. Mick would know if the guy has the character and work ethic to take a gamble on. Plus our new assistant that works with bigs could be a factor. Honestly, the jury is still out on Gaines. After this season we might be describing "another Gaines type" in more glowing terms. If I had my pick, I would love to get Woodson in the 13 class...but so would just about every other major program though.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #28
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Isn't it time to move on from this nonsense. Kid made his decision now its on to the next challenge. Might I suggest if you kids want to keep discussing this topic take it off line or PM each other.
I agree. UC will win some and lose plenty in the recruiting battle and I'm sure there will be many recruits that both UC and SJU go after. UC lost Obekpa, they won on J. Sanders. There will be others. Best of luck, time to move on.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #29
NYC baller

NYC baller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I agree. UC will win some and lose plenty in the recruiting battle and I'm sure there will be many recruits that both UC and SJU go after. UC lost Obekpa, they won on J. Sanders. There will be others. Best of luck, time to move on.
I agree with your post.. With one exception. You didn't beat out St john's for Sanders. He was not allowed to sign with us . I wish that wasn't the case because he will be a very good player for you guys .
NYC baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #30
Doogle

Doogle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Once again, let's review the chronology of this thread:

1) UC fans discussing a recruit;
2) St. John's fan flames;
3) UC fans respond to flamer;
4) Sanctimonious St. John's fan (this would be you, sparky) telling UC fans to "let it go"

Hey, thanks for the advice from on high...as well as your extremely sad attempt to paint me as some sort of internet thug when I've been nothing but civil up to this point. I'm sure you feel super protected from "internet thugs" like me from the fortress of your parents' basement. For my part, I'd simply like to talk about a potential UC recruit in a thread about a UC recruit started on a Bearcat chatboard that was swimming along just fine until the big, bad bullies from NYC started doing cannonballs again.

I think your victory lap is pretty much over and done with. So is my commentary on the matter.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote