Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
'18 OH S Darnell Shields (Commit)

http://247sports.com/player/darnell-shields-46036867
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Hope you are ok, good to hear from you. I do not mind the two star could have a chip on his shoulder. Most important is the relationship he has with these schools.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Hope you are ok, good to hear from you. I do not mind the two star could have a chip on his shoulder. Most important is the relationship he has with these schools.
I'm getting better everyday. Thanks!

This kid looks like he had some good schools at least looking at him. No problem with this pickup at all.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #4
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Cleveland.com

http://www.cleveland.com/big-ten-foo...ields_bec.html

"I chose Cincinnati just because they hopped on me early," said Shields, who is debating between marketing and finance as majors. "I got to know everyone on the staff pretty well. I visited there a couple times and it felt great down there."

Shields is the third Cleveland-area defensive back to commit there in about a week. Euclid's Arquon Bush and Solon's Taj Ward, also members of the 2018 recruiting class, gave their pledges on June 19.

"They were just telling me they were waiting on me, joking around," Shields said. "It was something that was weighing on me. We can be a great defensive backfield."

They all found appeal in playing for former Ohio State defensive coordinator Luke Fickell, hired in December as Cincinnati's new coach. The Bearcats are coming off a 4-8 season in which they finished near the bottom of the American Athletic Conference East Division.

Fickell's first recruiting class is full of Ohio talent on defense, including defensive ends Malik Vann of Fairfield and Blake Bacevich of defending state champion Cincinnati St. Xavier.

"Coach Fickell he stressed that backyard recruiting," Shields said. "We thought it would be cool."

If Shields gets his way, he can now focus on dethroning Bacevich and the Bombers in the state title picture. August football practice begins in just more than a month, and that is where Shields said his excitement grows.

In rematch, St. Edward gave St. Ignatius all it could handle
St. Edward finished 9-3 last season with a loss to Division I state runner-up St. Ignatius in the regional finals. The Eagles will return much of their defense, including a secondary with Shields and Michael Dowell. Like Shields, Dowell is headed to college after committing in May to Michigan State.

Each of the last few signing days, Shields has seen multiple teammates from the St. Edward secondary receive scholarships. Melvin Jackson signed with Youngstown State and DeShane Bloodworth went on to Mount Union this year. Previously, Tony Butler left for Nebraska and Carl Jones headed to Syracuse.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 07-03-2017 at 08:14 PM.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote