Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #71
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Interesting....I wonder if Cronin was on board with this. If not, it could cause some friction between him and administration. Could this cause Mick to look elsewhere? He and Davis were very close.
If Cronin has problems letting Davis go because of this then he needs to be sent packing. This is an absolute no brainer that you had to let Davis go. I'm sure Mick understands that and it isn't going to cause friction.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #72
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
If Cronin has problems letting Davis go because of this then he needs to be sent packing. This is an absolute no brainer that you had to let Davis go. I'm sure Mick understands that and it isn't going to cause friction.
I do think that uc should have fired Davis... instead of letting him "retire" .
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #73
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I agree
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #74
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They didn't let him retire. They had begun the process of firing Him and he abruptly sent a 2 line retirement letter before they could.

He was able to leave before being fired.

Also a very decent chance that the Administration didn't know the full details of this being a groping case. The thing that triggered the firing to start was Larry Davis signing off on being guilty of a simple assault on an airplane.

From here, all i care about is if this was a previous pattern of behavior for Davis and UC didn't act on it.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #75
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
They didn't let him retire. They had begun the process of firing Him and he abruptly sent a 2 line retirement letter before they could.

He was able to leave before being fired.

Also a very decent chance that the Administration didn't know the full details of this being a groping case. The thing that triggered the firing to start was Larry Davis signing off on being guilty of a simple assault on an airplane.

From here, all i care about is if this was a previous pattern of behavior for Davis and UC didn't act on it.
Would love to hear Larry's story versus the acquisitions. Not saying he's innocent. I'm just so confused on how this all went down.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #76
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Now that I think about it, Pitino has been around the team this summer and maybe the young 23 yr old lady was trying to sit in her seat next to MR. Davis and maybe he just that she was trying to give him a lap dance.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:48 AM   #77
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Where does this show mick is upset?
Ummm it doesn't. I answered someone wondering if Mick was onboard with this.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #78
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol.

Yes. We will take a step back from back to back 30 win seasons. If that disappoints you, I have no idea what expectation you had for this team.

Keep in mind we didn’t recruit around losing Jacob Evans. Had he not left, we’d be once again talking about a potential 30 win season.

But because he did leave, this team team has some questions to answer. I’m not sure about you, but that excites me. I’m excited to see the growth of Keith, Trevor, eliel, & Tre Scott. I’m excited to see Cane Broome start off the ball and show off the excitement his game brings. I’m excited to see Jarron Cumberland, the highest rated recruit on the team the last 2 seasons, finally get his time to shine.

I’m excited to see what kind of game Fredericks brings to the table. Or if Logan Johnson can make the crowd ooh and aah like he did last thurs.

I’m excited for the new arena, and the top tier opponents we host in it. I’m excited to see what penny and Hurley bring to this league.

There is a whole lot to be excited about. Some people let that Nevada loss break their soul when it comes to uc. And yet, I remember that, as tough as they game was for me, it was still one of the funnest seasons to watch in a long while.

I appreciate the journey of a following a team. A lot to be excited about. I waited all summer for this. This isn’t casual for me. This is the best sport in the world played at my favorite university. Everyone needs to lighten up and enjoy it.
Ok, so UC didnt recruit for Evans leaving early, I get that. My issue is Cronin knew KW and GC would be around for 3 and 4 years respectively and then has projects to replace them when they graduate.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #79
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Ok, so UC didnt recruit for Evans leaving early, I get that. My issue is Cronin knew KW and GC would be around for 3 and 4 years respectively and then has projects to replace them when they graduate.
Are you saying we could have recruited to replace Gary Clark ? Gary is a once in 10 years kind of player. And, do you realize how bad the bigs have been in the last few classes outside the top 20? It’s hard to recruit top 100 big talent, let alone when the talent pool has shrunk. Very few bigs aren’t project bigs.

Even Kyle Washington was a defensive project,
Old 10-28-2018, 06:46 PM   #80
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Uc beat Notre Dame 66-61