wishful thinking

Cats 63
Suckeyes 55
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Believe it or not both of these teams have quite a few similarities.

1) Both teams lost 3 major contributors including a conference player of the year from NCAA 2nd Round squads.

2) Both teams shot the 3 at about an even clip last season (we were 148th nationally, OSU was 152nd).

3) Both teams return their starting point guards and have unsettled front court situations.

Our advantage over OSU is Cumberland as a go-to scorer, someone who I don't think OSU has established going into the season.

OSU's advantage is Kaleb Wesson in the post, a very talented second-year player and probably one of the best back-to-the-basket bigs we'll face this year.

I think it'll be a low scoring affair and our offensive incompetencies will keep us from pulling away at any given point. I still like us to win.

Cincy 65
OSU 61
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:02 AM   #3
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post

1) Both teams lost 3 major contributors including a conference player of the year from NCAA 2nd Round squads.

2) Both teams shot the 3 at about an even clip last season (we were 148th nationally, OSU was 152nd).

3) Both teams return their starting point guards and have unsettled front court situations.

Our advantage over OSU is Cumberland as a go-to scorer, someone who I don't think OSU has established going into the season.

OSU's advantage is Kaleb Wesson in the post, a very talented second-year player and probably one of the best back-to-the-basket bigs we'll face this year.

I think it'll be a low scoring affair and our offensive incompetencies will keep us from pulling away at any given point. I still like us to win.

Cincy 65
OSU 61
good info. I like us to win at home. Like you I think it will be a close game with us coming out on top. With both teams adjusting to loss of talent playing at home early in year gives us the edge.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Bearcats 63
Buckeyes 57

Close throughout. A nice little run sparked by the rockin shoe pulls us away.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:28 AM   #5
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post

they also added a grad transfer from wake forest that put up 12 ppg in the acc and has shot 42.5% from 3 for his career.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:38 AM   #6
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
they also added a grad transfer from wake forest that put up 12 ppg in the acc and has shot 42.5% from 3 for his career.
A true freshman, Luther Muhammad, started over the grad transfer, Keyshawn Woods, in their last exhibition game although Woods did end up leading the team in minutes that night with 23.

I'm guessing they'll both share minutes on Wednesday and whoever has the hotter hand will play the last quarter of the game.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
In this one game I don't care if the score is 44-43 as long as we win.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #8
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I can't believe it's finally here. It looks like the 6 o'clock game is due to a college football game starting at 8.

I go back and forth on the outcome of this game. I just hope we win. OSU and Xavier are two teams that I cant accept losing to.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #9
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
I went to the Buckeyes board to see what they were saying about the game. Most are skeptical that they can win considering we are opening our new arena, they lost 3 of their best players, and they didn’t shoot the 3 very well in their exhibition. Couple that with the loss of a key rotation player who announced he’s transferring yesterday and it looks like we should have the momentum. Bottom line is OSU doesn’t have any top 70 players and their upper class men are all outside of the top 200. Hopefully we can rattle them early, force some turnovers, get the crowd really into it and have a comfortable lead throughout.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:13 PM   #10
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
I'm guessing we'll be favored by around 3 or 4 points.

Expecting a tight, low scoring struggle, that hopefully Cumberland/Broome make enough plays down the stretch for the win
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote