Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
'15 PG Donovan Mitchell

I've seen him listed from NY and Connecticut. Has offers from Maryland, Providence, and Iona.

Coast 2 Coast Hoops ‏@Coast2CoastHoop

VCU, Providence, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati have contacted 2015 The City (NY) guard Donovan Mitchell in the last few hours.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
As they usually are, Jason Smith's Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Prep squad is loaded with talent. On Saturday, the No. 105 player in the class of 2015 Donovan Mitchell introduced himself to the masses and looked like a kid who could work his way further up the rankings.

A 6-foot-2 New Yorker, Mitchell describes himself as simply a guard and that makes sense. He isn't really a true two, nor is he a true point. But, he's a perimeter playmaker on both ends of the floor with wild athleticism and a high basketball IQ.

Because of his big time athleticism, Mitchell is a highly entertaining finisher at the rim. He's a threat to dunk on people off the dribble and turns fastbreaks into highlight reel opportunities. But, he's not totally reliant on his athleticism. He reads defenses, can distribute the ball and is a highly alert and smart defender.

He finished with a solid line of 17 points, six steals and five boards while always staying under control. He has offers from Iowa, Connecticut, Maryland, Providence, Boston College, Cincinnati, St. John's and Seton Hall with many more looking. From the sounds of it, college programs view him as he views himself, just as a playmaking guard who you find a spot for in your lineup.

"Most coaches just feel like I'm a guard," said Mitchell. "I'm athletic, I can after it on defense and I play hard."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1579481
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
He currently holds offers from Iowa, Providence, Boston College, Cincinnati, Creighton, Maryland, UConn, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Fordham, Florida and Marquette with interest from Kansas.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/donovan...n/#more-108085
Old 01-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Mitchell also recently visited Florida and has taken in a UConn game. He currently holds offers from Iowa, Providence, Boston College, Cincinnati, Creighton, Maryland, UConn, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Fordham, Florida and Marquette with interest from Kansas.

http://zagsblog.com/providence/provi...l/#more-108918
Old 03-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
Levettation

Levettation is on a distinguished road
Retweeted by Donovan Mitchell
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 22m
2015 @BrewsterHoops guard @spidadmitchell will take an unofficial to Cincinnati Monday, he tells @SNYtv
Levettation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Bearcats are headed to Spokane today. Visit not happening and will have to be rescheduled. With Ronnie Johnson now in the mix not sure how that might affect the staff's plans for a pg in the 2015 class.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #7
NYCAT

NYCAT is on a distinguished road
Donovan is a guard (more of a 2G than PG). His point guard was Jared Terrell, who the Cats recruited. Donovan Sr. is my patient (Dentist) and Jr. was until he was 8. He can play...he has serious hops and can shoot the 3. Really good in transition. Hopes he gets to UC for an "official".

Richard Litt '68

Btw...I warned you guys how good SK would be 5 1/2 years ago. He went to my HS.
NYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Bearcats are headed to Spokane today. Visit not happening and will have to be rescheduled. With Ronnie Johnson now in the mix not sure how that might affect the staff's plans for a pg in the 2015 class.
Likely to be rescheduled in the near future from what I heard. Both he and his parents are anxious to visit and it's a matter of timing not lack of interest.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
#98 on Rivals from #86. I hope he reschedules his visit bc this is the guard I want for 2015.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #10
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Louisville has expressed interest in recruiting 2015 G @spidadmitchell , he tells @SNYtv
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote