Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
MANY SCHOOLS STILL INVOLVED WITH ANDREW WHITE

September 13, 2011 by NBE Blogger · Leave a Comment

Playing this spring and summer with Team Loaded, Andrew White saw his recruitment explode with a series of strong performances on the AAU circuit. His recruitment has not slowed one bit as top college programs have already made their way to Charlottesville (VA) and the Miller School to visit the 6-foot-6, 205-pound small forward. More schools are expected this week as well.

“I have already received visits from Virginia Tech, NC State, West Virginia and Cincinnati,” White told NBE earlier this afternoon. “DePaul, UTEP, Kansas, Wake Forest and a couple others will visit me in the next couple weeks.”

White certainly earned the attention with his play on the court, usually in front of a lot of college coaches this past July. He showed his ability to score at multiple levels and was deadly from beyond the arc, even prompting one of his coaches to yell “layup” every time he got an open look from deep at the NY2LA Summer Jam during the live evaluation period. White showed he can play at the highest level of college basketball and his recruitment is certainly taking him in that direction.

“I have set up official visits to Kansas, Texas and Louisville,” he said.

Although those are his only official visits currently planned, White stressed his recruitment is far from over and he is not narrowing down his list at all at this time. The schools mentioned are only a small sampling of his full list. He plans on using all five of his allowed official trips and will take some additional unofficial visits as well.

“I have not set any other visits but I will take two more officials and a couple unofficials sometime soon,” said White. “Still a pretty long list but I have not narrowed [my] recruitment down on paper. There are still new schools contacting me to this day.

“I do not want to announce any favorites just because there is a lot of people recruiting me.”

With White so open in the process still, everyone is still coming hard after him trying to add an important piece to their Class of 2012 recruiting efforts. White is definitely doing a very good job in keeping everyone guessing on what direction he will ultimately go in his college decision. He did offer up some factors that will play a big role in his eventual decision.

“I want to be able to play and progress early, play in the tournament [all] four years, [receive a] good [college] degree and a good relationship with the staff and players [are important factors],” White said of his college choice.

As noted previously by all who have covered Andrew White for NBE, the talented young man is also very humble and respectful. NBE will certainly keep close tabs on the balance of his recruitment as he works his way towards a decision that will be one of the most anticipated of the fall.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...-andrew-white/

Note: Though White hasn't narrowed his field he has built a strong relationship with the Cincinnati staff. In particular with Coach Davis and Coach Cronin who has taken a personal interest and responsibility in recruiting him. As his statement in the article above mentions, that is an important element to him in the recruiting process. There are some heavyweights after Andrew, but UC is on strong footing with him. He will be visiting Kansas and Texas this month and Louisville in October.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 09-13-2011 at 12:07 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote