Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #21
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Didn't know this was made public. That said, good friggin' luck getting into Duke, much less UC.
This type of info shouldn't be public.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #22
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
This type of info shouldn't be public.
They made it public when they agreed to be interviewed for the story and publicly commented on his grades.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #23
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Kenyon Sr. doesn't want him at UC, have to face the pressure of following in his footsteps.
Your comment has not been confirmed anywhere and is strictly an opinion. I don't see anything showing Kenyon pushing him to UC but I also don't see anything with Kenyon pushing him away. It's still very early in his recruiting.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #24
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Your comment has not been confirmed anywhere and is strictly an opinion. I don't see anything showing Kenyon pushing him to UC but I also don't see anything with Kenyon pushing him away. It's still very early in his recruiting.
Those who follow recruiting for UC and nation-wide have said it....
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #25
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Those who follow recruiting for UC and nation-wide have said it....
I have spoken to several folks who are pretty close to the program and follow recruiting closely (recently), and, while I don't think he will come here, no one has said to me that Kenyon Sr. is an obstacle and I asked that question directly.

The belief is grades and the fact that the kid is a west coast kid is more of an obstacle than where his father went to school or who his coach was.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #26
kskenyon4
Elite Member

Quote:
I have spoken to several folks who are pretty close to the program and follow recruiting closely (recently), and, while I don't think he will come here, no one has said to me that Kenyon Sr. is an obstacle and I asked that question directly.

The belief is grades and the fact that the kid is a west coast kid is more of an obstacle than where his father went to school or who his coach was.
Lot of time before he commits anywhere, I heard fairly recently that Kenyon Sr had an opinion on the matter, and it was what I said.

With that said, I continue to hope there is movement in Sr's life in regards to becoming a coach on some level from now until 2019. That could become a big factor.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #27
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Lot of time before he commits anywhere, I heard fairly recently that Kenyon Sr had an opinion on the matter, and it was what I said.

With that said, I continue to hope there is movement in Sr's life in regards to becoming a coach on some level from now until 2019. That could become a big factor.
That was another question I asked and that seems to be the wildcard. If Kenyon Sr. becomes a coach somewhere, that could have a big influence on his son's decision. Will be interesting. In the mean time, I will continue to wish the kid well and wish, for just a second, that I could jump and dunk like that.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #28
kskenyon4
Elite Member

Quote:
That was another question I asked and that seems to be the wildcard. If Kenyon Sr. becomes a coach somewhere, that could have a big influence on his son's decision. Will be interesting. In the mean time, I will continue to wish the kid well and wish, for just a second, that I could jump and dunk like that.

From what I recall, his grades recovered once Kenyon laid the hammer down? It certainly seems like a yellow flag, but 14/15 year old kid will make a mistake or 2. I will temper my hopes he ever highly considers UC, but seeing him play anywhere else in the country would sting.

Kenyon was on campus several times last year - need him back around again! I had a glimmer of hope he would be at the Tulane game, since he was the ticket person, but no dice.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #29
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
From what I recall, his grades recovered once Kenyon laid the hammer down? It certainly seems like a yellow flag, but 14/15 year old kid will make a mistake or 2. I will temper my hopes he ever highly considers UC, but seeing him play anywhere else in the country would sting.

Kenyon was on campus several times last year - need him back around again! I had a glimmer of hope he would be at the Tulane game, since he was the ticket person, but no dice.
Kenyon was the Grand Marshal of the Homecoming Parade this year. He was working with the big guys some last year. He is trying to be at his son's games and the vast majority of them are in California. His opportunity to be in Cincinnati is limited at this time. It is what it is. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:16 PM   #30
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I get the notion of him not coming to UC because of the added pressure. But you have to think, wherever he goes, he is always going to be identified as Kenyon Martin's kid. You would think even more so if he goes to WVU. But, a lot of time before any of that happens.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote