Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 11-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Bengals

After the tough loss to the Raiders, I'm hoping the Bengals can bounce back and beat the Browns. I'm going to the game on Sunday, so they better win.
Hopefully the OL will have a much better day.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Dakotacat

Dakotacat is on a distinguished road
I lived in Cincy for three years and had season tickets for the Bearcats in Kelly's first year but I never made it to a bengals game. I drove by the stadium everyday to work and never got to see a game.... I am kicking myself now for missing it...
Dakotacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Went to the Bengals game today. We had seats at around the 20 yard line. All the way up at the last seat. The weather was fine, except for the amount of wind at that height.
Great crowd, fun times, but our offense is in need of a downhill threat.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
babcat

babcat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to babcat
OMG...........

The Bengals actually have a running game................and they're deep as well........
babcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

No downfield passing in the game, as expected. The Bengals better draft a WR who can do that, or they will struggle to get more than 17 ppg.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
swg
Epic Member

I could see the Bengals taking a WR in the first and a qb in the second. Pike would be my first choice, but I also think Tebow wouldn't be a bad fit.

Here's what Chick Ludwig thinks...

Tebow is the ideal candidate.

NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay said it best in an interview on ESPN radio on Monday.

“If he’s forced to play his first two years, it’ll hurt Tim Tebow,” McShay said.

I can see the Bengals drafting him, grooming him and playing him when Palmer’s career in Cincinnati ends.

Don’t bet against it.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/ludwig/2...a-quarterback/
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
I could see the Bengals taking a WR in the first and a qb in the second. Pike would be my first choice, but I also think Tebow wouldn't be a bad fit.

Here's what Chick Ludwig thinks...

Tebow is the ideal candidate.

NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay said it best in an interview on ESPN radio on Monday.

“If he’s forced to play his first two years, it’ll hurt Tim Tebow,” McShay said.

I can see the Bengals drafting him, grooming him and playing him when Palmer’s career in Cincinnati ends.

Don’t bet against it.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/ludwig/2...a-quarterback/
Todd McShay is a complete clown and has not said one good thing about Tebow EVER. Tebow is a winner, and im tired of hearing the man cant throw. He has a cannon and has the accolades to back it up... Does he have the best motion? No, is that being corrected? Yes.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Todd McShay is a complete clown and has not said one good thing about Tebow EVER. Tebow is a winner, and im tired of hearing the man cant throw. He has a cannon and has the accolades to back it up... Does he have the best motion? No, is that being corrected? Yes.

The only thing about both Tebow and Pike is the style of offense they played in college. The spread offense makes almost any kid look good. Graham Harrel for instance at Texas Tech broke all kinds of records. Guess where he is? CFL.

The difference is the complexity of it. Most the time in a spread offense you read one defender and blitzing and zone schemes are more complicated in the NFL. Most of the spread guys in college only make it to back-up roles in the NFL. Dennis Dixon, Brian Brohm, Pat White, Jamarcus Russel (eeh), Charley Frye, Troy Smith, John Beck (BYU), Curtis Painter, list goes on.

From what I remember not sure there are too many if any starters that were in the Gun most of the time in college. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does this mean that these guys are not capable?? NO, but to draft them in the 1st two rounds is a big gamble.
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #9
ImmortalIconForever

ImmortalIconForever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Todd McShay is a complete clown and has not said one good thing about Tebow EVER.
I heard him say that Tebow has better hair than Kiper, does that count? What do you think, Wayne?
ImmortalIconForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Bengals cut WR Coles, now he's a free agent. So how many WR are we taking in this draft?