Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #171
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Tennessee lost by 20 to Wisconsin at home yesterday, hence dropping from 46 to 72 in the NET rankings. It looks there's a better chance we get a Q2 win out of beating Vermont over UT at this point.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:31 PM   #172
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Tennessee lost by 20 to Wisconsin at home yesterday, hence dropping from 46 to 72 in the NET rankings. It looks there's a better chance we get a Q2 win out of beating Vermont over UT at this point.
i really didn't think that game was going to make or break our resume if it was a quad 1 win. We need a lot of wins.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #173
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Now that our series with OSU is over and UCONN is leaving, I would love to see a home and home with Louisville starting. I heard Brannen and Mack are friends. Was always a good rivalry.

I also assume we will be playing Dayton in the years to come. I am a big fan of regional games. Hope for more of them.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:09 PM   #174
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Now that our series with OSU is over and UCONN is leaving, I would love to see a home and home with Louisville starting. I heard Brannen and Mack are friends. Was always a good rivalry.

I also assume we will be playing Dayton in the years to come. I am a big fan of regional games. Hope for more of them.
Im a big fan of regional games as well. There are so many potentially great opponents in surrounding states. we could never go more than one state away in the non conference and have a great schedule. potential opponents include UK,Lou, ND,Pur,IU,Mich,MSU,WVU,Nova,Pitt,PSU, OSU,and X just from power conferences. Throw in Day,Nku,Wku, most of the Mac conference, the other Philly teams, ball state, Indiana st etc. No need to travel.

Last edited by HongKongPhooey; 12-29-2019 at 10:28 PM.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:13 PM   #175
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
RIP Chuck machock, 4 seasons I worked nights and couldn’t watch the games, so I listened to them on 700 wlw, he was definitely a homer but it’s not the same listening to it now without him, always sad to see a bearcat go, he’s the reason Huggins got the job and part of the reason are program is where it is today.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #176
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I don’t know if this was posted anywhere on here but the most recent cincy slanging podcast with lenord stokes is very good. He talks about mick’s relationship with past players and what went down with the coaching search. Very interesting to hear a former player talk about these things.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #177
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I don’t know if this was posted anywhere on here but the most recent cincy slanging podcast with lenord stokes is very good. He talks about mick’s relationship with past players and what went down with the coaching search. Very interesting to hear a former player talk about these things.
I wonder why mick didn’t embrace these guys. He was a part of the team when they were here so it’s not like they were someone else’s guys. I just find that to be odd.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #178
cincyguy13
Epic Member

If anyone Has not listened to Brannens press conference it’s very interesting. He gives a lot of insight on the team. Metrics, how they have made adjustments, etc..
Old 01-14-2020, 05:57 PM   #179
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If anyone Has not listened to Brannens press conference it’s very interesting. He gives a lot of insight on the team. Metrics, how they have made adjustments, etc..
my favorite part was when he talked about Scott and midrange shots and how its the goal for him not to take them.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #180
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
my favorite part was when he talked about Scott and midrange shots and how its the goal for him not to take them.
Yeah, it’s a terrible shot. I’m still surprised he said to never take them. I like his approach to the game. Seems to be a lot more new age approach. We will see if it works.

I also liked when he talked about the adjustments they have made. Goes to show, he is willing to change. Takes time.