Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #311
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmbearcat View Post
Man, it's been a loooonnnng time since I checked this site out. There is really only one train of thought allowed here too, and it is completely and absolutely negative. I left because every single thread is spun into negative bashing and childish back and forth. I looked again today and nothing has changed. If you come here looking for information, you have to really look, because most of the threads have nothing to do with the original topic. Say what you want about BCN, but at least the threads stay on topic and you can actually get some information, and it seems a little more adult.
Something tells me this isn't your first time on this site in a long time. Just a hunch.

And you are wrong that only one train of thought is allowed on this site. What you are seeing is people who are free to express their honest opinion. Positive or negative. The thing I notice about people like you (and I remember your very "adult" exit from this site a while back lmao) is that you just don't like to be challenged bc you have nothing other than blind faith to back up your point of view.

I've said it a million times...tell me why I'm wrong. Instead of spending the time to make posts like this, why is it too much to ask to get a post about UC discussing why the "negative" point of view is so wrong?

The way I see it, the truly negative people are the ones who act like the deck is stacked against us at every turn, and in every aspect imaginable. That's negative to me. I just want a better product and have high standards. And when they continue to not be met, I will voice my displeasure. I don't know how else you think that works. Especially when the "positive" people offer very little sensical information to convince me why I'm in the wrong.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #312
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Man, it's been a loooonnnng time since I checked this site out. There is really only one train of thought allowed here too, and it is completely and absolutely negative. I left because every single thread is spun into negative bashing and childish back and forth. I looked again today and nothing has changed. If you come here looking for information, you have to really look, because most of the threads have nothing to do with the original topic. Say what you want about BCN, but at least the threads stay on topic and you can actually get some information, and it seems a little more adult.
Bearcatnews is junk, a graveyard. They killed that site with their rose-colored lenses. Have fun with the adults over there....y'all can talk about all the participation trophies UC has under Mick.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #313
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Just to make this clear...MY PERSONAL expectations for UC basketball are as follows:

-Each 4 year player should win a conference title, a conference tournament title, and play in the 2nd weekend of the NCAA Tournament in their career.

That's the bare minimum.

No player under Mick has ever accomplished this. And the more time that passes without this ever happening, the closer I get to wanting to move in a new direction.

If this is unreasonable, please tell me why.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #314
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Just to make this clear...MY PERSONAL expectations for UC basketball are as follows:

-Each 4 year player should win a conference title, a conference tournament title, and play in the 2nd weekend of the NCAA Tournament in their career.

That's the bare minimum.

No player under Mick has ever accomplished this. And the more time that passes without this ever happening, the closer I get to wanting to move in a new direction.

If this is unreasonable, please tell me why.
Not at all....but you are the biggest contributor and moderator. Every thread gets turned into a negative about Mick since the Nevada loss. Please moderate your posts and threads. Please stay on topic and keep all this garbage contained to this thread.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #315
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Not at all....but you are the biggest contributor and moderator. Every thread gets turned into a negative about Mick since the Nevada loss. Please moderate your posts and threads. Please stay on topic and keep all this garbage contained to this thread.
Fair enough.

For future reference, you (and anyone else) are free to Report any posts you'd like. Should you find it necessary.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:20 PM   #316
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I was banned on a different account earlier this past season for being critical of Cronin lol. I predicted an early exit based on the way Cronin coaches tight, uses his personnel and starts justin Jenifer but noone here wanted to hear what they knew deep down inside was true. I would have rather been wrong but it's funny how the tone of this whole site has changed. Oh well, this is still the best forum for bearcat basketball which is all I really care about; uc football is ok I guess but I'll never get too excited about a sport my team has 0 chance to win a national title before the season even starts.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #317
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdiddy513 View Post
I was banned on a different account earlier this past season for being critical of Cronin lol. I predicted an early exit based on the way Cronin coaches tight, uses his personnel and starts justin Jenifer but noone here wanted to hear what they knew deep down inside was true. I would have rather been wrong but it's funny how the tone of this whole site has changed. Oh well, this is still the best forum for bearcat basketball which is all I really care about; uc football is ok I guess but I'll never get too excited about a sport my team has 0 chance to win a national title before the season even starts.
Yeah sorry about that. It was mid game (@Temple I think?) and shit was flying in from everywhere. We didn't recognize the username and thought in the moment it was L-T under a different name (he tried to come back a lot for a while there). I meant to message you about that a while ago and forgot. I do apologize.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #318
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yeah sorry about that. It was mid game (@Temple I think?) and shit was flying in from everywhere. We didn't recognize the username and thought in the moment it was L-T under a different name (he tried to come back a lot for a while there). I meant to message you about that a while ago and forgot. I do apologize.
No worries lol. I was probably drinking and that game had everyone on edge.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #319
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I thought Jacob’s post was funny. That said, I was just thinking today when looking at today’s posts, in several threads, that the comments had the same theme: That we all have been discussing lately. Me included. Which is lack of recruits, frustrated with the plateau, coach may not chang, etc. And I was thinking that these have nothing to do with the thread topic.I definitely do like that about bearcat news. They had a big push many years ago to keep everything related to the thread. I used to go to that site daily before I found this one thanks to The Great one or Legend. Just after college, they used to be called UC Bearcats.com or something like that. Then Keith gave the domain name to UC for just a few tickets or something lol.

I definitely do like that about bearcat news. They had a big push many years ago to keep everything related to that thread.

So I’m saying, it would be nice if we could keep everything related to the topic. And we can maybe post frustration comments, in a thread called frustration. I’ll start that now.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #320
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Our best team in 17 years just had an all-time epic choke job on the national stage in a wide open final four bracket. I think people are allowed to be a little salty.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote