Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #321
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
The development of Trevor Moore might be the most interesting thing to me. Is he going to be a good college player and great UC 3 point shooter? Or will he just hover at 30-33% for his whole career and make 1 or 2 per game? Will he be aggressive enough to show he can be a double digit scorer one day? Or will we just have to accept that he's another one of those guys who doesn't shoot enough?

I'm less curious about Williams. We see the glimpses. But if his shooting isn't way better, he can only be so good. And his shooting won't get way better if he doesn't do anything to fix his shot. He especially won't fit in slower style games. And I don't expect to avoid those.
I think both of these guys will be contributors. Coach needs to find a way to use hem to their strengths. A faster tempo I think will benefit Williams more then anyone on the team not named Cane.

Moore in my opinion was caught In a situation last year where the perception of him was as a long range shooter but I really think he tried to do other things as well. I think it cost him some of his effectiveness. He will continue to grow. You can just see he really wants to do well.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 04-23-2018 at 04:03 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #322
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Cumberland is going to have the ball in his hands a bunch next year. My first concern is can he be as effective in a faster paced offense. He makes great decisions and is a good play maker without being a great athlete. Reminds me a lot of SK. Really needs to work on his FT shooting. A guy who shoots as well as him should shoot much better from the foul line. Especially if at he ends of close games he is going to have the ball in his hands.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #323
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Cumberland is going to have the ball in his hands a bunch next year. My first concern is can he be as effective in a faster paced offense. He makes great decisions and is a good play maker without being a great athlete. Reminds me a lot of SK. Really needs to work on his FT shooting. A guy who shoots as well as him should shoot much better from the foul line. Especially if at he ends of close games he is going to have the ball in his hands.
Waite, I don't think Cumberland is that good of a shooter. He's under 35% career from 3FG with over 280 3 point shots, so I'm not surprised he's a sub 70 % FT shooter. And he doesn't really have a pure, repeatable stroke that great shooters generally have. He's what I call a scorer not a shooter.

Last edited by indydoug; 04-23-2018 at 04:15 PM.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #324
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Waite, I don't think Cumberland is that good of a shooter. He's under 35% career from 3FG with over 280 3 point shots, so I'm not surprised he's a sub 70 % FT shooter. And he doesn't really have a pure, repeatable stroke that great shooters generally have. He's what I call a scorer not a shooter.
I can see that.very good point.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #325
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@JonRothstein
Cincinnati will face George Mason and Baylor will face Ole Miss in the first round of the 2018 Emerald Coast Classic, per a source. Winners and losers meet on second day.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #326
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
@JonRothstein
Cincinnati will face George Mason and Baylor will face Ole Miss in the first round of the 2018 Emerald Coast Classic, per a source. Winners and losers meet on second day.
Darn it!
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #327
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
@JonRothstein
offffffffff course !
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #328
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Darn it!
Would have preferred Ole Miss & then Baylor. But I think GMU & Ole Miss both wind up as Q2 games. GMU loses nobody from 5th place team from a 3 bid A-10. (albeit one was a bid thief)
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #329
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
we didn't think playing buffalo was a good thing for us last year and it turned out to be the best thing possible.

never really know how things will shake out. just win the games.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #330
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Would have preferred Ole Miss & then Baylor. But I think GMU & Ole Miss both wind up as Q2 games. GMU loses nobody from 5th place team from a 3 bid A-10. (albeit one was a bid thief)
They were one of the youngest teams in the nation last year (339 in Experience per Kenpom)

Can only get get better
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote