Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who leads the team in scoring?
Evans 20 52.63%
Washington 3 7.89%
Broome 5 13.16%
Cumberland 9 23.68%
Clark 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #41
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Update...

Evans...13.9
Clark...12.8
Washington...11.0
Cumberland...10.8
Broome...8.6

If Cronin keeps trying to get the ball to Gary and Jacob...it could be a two man race. Broome is out of the race. Washington and Cumberland are going to have to step up their game and start putting up some games in the 20's just to catch up.
I'm okay with broome being out of the race for leading scorer, but I would love to see him get to double digits by the end of the season.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #42
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I'm okay with broome being out of the race for leading scorer, but I would love to see him get to double digits by the end of the season.
Yah...I don't think the players are putting much emphasis on it. They just want to win. Me too. But scoring is one of those stats casual fans tend to look at.

We could track leading rebounder? Oh wait...that race is over...lol!

I would love to see the deflection numbers and who is leading there. I would love to see plus minus as well.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #43
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Yah...I don't think the players are putting much emphasis on it. They just want to win. Me too. But scoring is one of those stats casual fans tend to look at.

We could track leading rebounder? Oh wait...that race is over...lol!

I would love to see the deflection numbers and who is leading there. I would love to see plus minus as well.
Yeah I think that race is way over haha. Speaking of double digits. The way Gary has been rebounding the last few games, wonder if he could possible get his RPG over 10. Averaging a double double, I'd imagine would have to help his NBA stock tremendously.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:59 PM   #44
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah I think that race is way over haha. Speaking of double digits. The way Gary has been rebounding the last few games, wonder if he could possible get his RPG over 10. Averaging a double double, I'd imagine would have to help his NBA stock tremendously.
Averaging 10.0 rebounds a game will do exactly nothing for his NBA stock vs averaging 9.7 rebounds. No NBA team is going to change their opinion over a fraction of a rebound per game. The people who run NBA teams (with the exception of the Sacramento Kings) are way smarter than that.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:36 AM   #45
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Update...

Evans...13.9
Clark...12.8
Washington...11.0
Cumberland...10.8
Broome...8.6

If Cronin keeps trying to get the ball to Gary and Jacob...it could be a two man race. Broome is out of the race. Washington and Cumberland are going to have to step up their game and start putting up some games in the 20's just to catch up.
Gary snuck up on Jake last night a full half point! 13.7 to 13.1

I know...I know...winning is the only thing that matters...blah blah
Old 01-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #46
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Averaging 10.0 rebounds a game will do exactly nothing for his NBA stock vs averaging 9.7 rebounds. No NBA team is going to change their opinion over a fraction of a rebound per game. The people who run NBA teams (with the exception of the Sacramento Kings) are way smarter than that.
PERCEPTION. Yeah, NBA never gets caught up in hype (lonzo ball), averaging a double double is noticeable. Plain and simple
Old 01-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #47
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
PERCEPTION. Yeah, NBA never gets caught up in hype (lonzo ball), averaging a double double is noticeable. Plain and simple
I loved his jab at the Kings. Hilarious and true.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #48
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Gary snuck up on Jake last night a full half point! 13.7 to 13.1

I know...I know...winning is the only thing that matters...blah blah
Man I thought Cumberland was going to have a great game with the start he had. He missed a few wide open 3's. Not a big deal...but 2 of those misses amount to 6 more points. I love the aggressiveness he had last night...I can deal with missing some 3's when he is doing that other stuff. When he makes those shots going to the bucket...I can deal with 35% accuracy from 3.

I really don't care who wins the scoring title but I really see some fire coming back into Cumberland lately. When he picks up a foul and maybe has to come out...you can just tell he is super pissed and wants to be in there. He's a gamer.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #49
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Man I thought Cumberland was going to have a great game with the start he had. He missed a few wide open 3's. Not a big deal...but 2 of those misses amount to 6 more points. I love the aggressiveness he had last night...I can deal with missing some 3's when he is doing that other stuff. When he makes those shots going to the bucket...I can deal with 35% accuracy from 3.

I really don't care who wins the scoring title but I really see some fire coming back into Cumberland lately. When he picks up a foul and maybe has to come out...you can just tell he is super pissed and wants to be in there. He's a gamer.
Yeah the shots are falling as much as I'd like, and I'm sure he'd like as well. But you can see something hs hanged in him. He's playing completely different, much more aggressive. And Cumberland is one of those players who has really started to be an all around player, he just gets things done on the court
Old 01-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #50
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:

You can also tell with Cumberland that he is not Evans when it comes to stamina. You can see him breathing hard. With Evans you really are never sure if he has played 10 straight minutes of high level up and down D1 basketball or sitting on his couch reading a book.

Make no mistake. I will take certain tired players over certain fresh bench players any day of the week. I am not going to call them out by name. But can someone make a case for taking Gary or Jake out if tired? Other than injury or health concerns? I am speaking of on court production here. What about Cumberland?