Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I wonder if we shouldn't red shirt Johnson because of this? He's got 2 guys ahead of him at PG. The only way he can make a difference is if Broome slides over to the wing and we let Johnson split some time with Jenifer at point. Unless we can play Johnson on the wing. He looks like he has the ability to be an impact player...I sure wouldn't mind having an extra ball handler who can drive and shoot out there.
I don't think there's any chance we redshirt him. We need him to be ready for year 2. Broome playing on the wing would help him get a few minutes.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #12
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Moore = sharpshooting?
Dude. how you shoot in your freshman season says very little about who you are as a shooter.

Evans must be a trash shooter since he shot 33% his freshman year and Trevor Shot 32%
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #13
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I don't think there's any chance we redshirt him. We need him to be ready for year 2. Broome playing on the wing would help him get a few minutes.
If by getting ready...he only gets 5 mpg...then I would rather redshirt. If we can get him in the game for 10 mpg I would probably say no to it.

SK was a redshirt because of perceived playing time but I think even he could have worked in 10mpg his frosh year. I like how it worked out in the end though...lol!

I actually hope Johnson is so good we can't keep him off the floor this year. He's got the full range of skills. Only Cumberland and Broome have that now. Although I do think Williams will probably drastically improve his 3 ball...there is really nowhere else to go for him but up on his 3%. I look for that to be closer to 30% this year.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Dude. how you shoot in your freshman season says very little about who you are as a shooter.

Evans must be a trash shooter since he shot 33% his freshman year and Trevor Shot 32%
Yah...I think Moore will be closer to 40% than 30% this year. He won't have to question as much whether or not he should take the shot over and above our veterans. I am sure that plays mind tricks on you if you are asking yourself whether you should shoot or not.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yah...I think Moore will be closer to 40% than 30% this year. He won't have to question as much whether or not he should take the shot over and above our veterans. I am sure that plays mind tricks on you if you are asking yourself whether you should shoot or not.
I heard some comments from players (I forget who but I think Clark was one of them) saying he was the best outside shooter in practice and with range. The way it sounded there was no real competition for that title. It was Moore.

I know I know...it was practice...but the ability is there for sure.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Yeah he was at 36% for the 1st half of the year then kind of fell off a cliff. Not that weird for that to happen. I have a little bit of concern that he might go the Jermaine Sanders route. I really hope not. He needs to be a heavy volume 3 pt shooter. That's what he was recruited as. So if he has games next year where he shoots 10-12 3s, I have 0 issue with that. I just hope to god he makes some.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #17
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
With Fredericks officially in the mix, here's my first shot at how I'd like to see the minutes distributed.

Starters

Brooks- 15 mpg
Scott - 25 mpg
Fredericks - 20 mpg
Cumberland - 32 mpg
Broome - 28 mpg

Bench

Jenifer - 20 mpg
Moore - 15 mpg
Williams - 15 mpg
Johnson - 10 mpg
Nsoseme/Diarra - 15 mpg
Hardnett - 5 mpg
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #18
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I wonder if we shouldn't red shirt Johnson because of this? He's got 2 guys ahead of him at PG. The only way he can make a difference is if Broome slides over to the wing and we let Johnson split some time with Jenifer at point. Unless we can play Johnson on the wing. He looks like he has the ability to be an impact player...I sure wouldn't mind having an extra ball handler who can drive and shoot out there.
I think Johnson could work well at the 2 in short spans as a slashing sg. Not sold on his 3 ball but hopefully he can hit em at a decent clip. Have to find ways for your best players to get minutes. But mick claims jenifer is an elite defender. So LJ might be screwed.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:53 AM   #19
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
How i’d Like to see the minutes:

Broome - 28 min
Cumberland - 32 min
Fredericks - 24 min
Scott - 24 minutes
Nsoseme - 12 min

Jenifer - 12 min
Brooks -15 min
Moore - 15 min
Williams - 15 min
Johnson - 10 min
Diarra - 10 min
Hardnett - 3 min
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
How i’d Like to see the minutes:

Broome - 28 min
Cumberland - 32 min
Fredericks - 24 min
Scott - 24 minutes
Nsoseme - 12 min

Jenifer - 12 min
Brooks -15 min
Moore - 15 min
Williams - 15 min
Johnson - 10 min
Diarra - 10 min
Hardnett - 3 min
This is pretty much what I hope for too. Hopefully Fredericks is good. First year guy under Mick though. Seems like we should chop 1/3 off of all stats to account for that.