Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #111
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
“Tonight we got beat by a veteran team that had tremendous offensive execution,” UC head coach Mick Cronin said. “I’m still very disappointed with our veteran players and their defensive effort.

...have you heard this before, 12 years later, same glaring issues
Ummmm you know I have agreed with some of your criticism of Cronin, but not this. It’s a lot of new players in new roles. And I don’t see any glaring problem in that quote.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #112
firehawkv

firehawkv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
“Tonight we got beat by a veteran team that had tremendous offensive execution,” UC head coach Mick Cronin said. “I’m still very disappointed with our veteran players and their defensive effort.

...have you heard this before, 12 years later, same glaring issues
"Tonight we got beat by a veteran team that had tremendous offensive execution," UC head coach Mick Cronin said. "The fact that we hadn't worked on defense this summer really showed tonight. I'm still very disappointed with our veteran players and their defensive effort.
firehawkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #113
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkv View Post
"Tonight we got beat by a veteran team that had tremendous offensive execution," UC head coach Mick Cronin said. "The fact that we hadn't worked on defense this summer really showed tonight. I'm still very disappointed with our veteran players and their defensive effort.
Were they working on offense? Shot 25-64 (39%) that night, 3-11 from 3

Also see Rothstein tweet, they were stopping practice when an easy layup was given up when he visited a week ago

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 08-09-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:13 AM   #114
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Were they working on offense? Shot 25-64 (39%) that night, 3-11 from 3

Also see Rothstein tweet, they were stopping practice when an easy layup was given up when he visited a week ago
Lol you can shoot poorly and still be executing on offense.

Look man if you want to be ho hum miserable Bearcat fan all season then that’s your choice. But that’s terrible way to live. Seriously have no idea why people are so excited about talking shit about a team they supposedly like
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 AM   #115
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol you can shoot poorly and still be executing on offense.

Look man if you want to be ho hum miserable Bearcat fan all season then that’s your choice. But that’s terrible way to live. Seriously have no idea why people are so excited about talking shit about a team they supposedly like
Yeah I get it somewhat though. Been stuck for a while now. And no real changes that we've seen. Falling short in Troy's senior year and Gary's senior year was tough and has me seriously concerned as well. But not about every little detail in the preseason.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:39 AM   #116
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
With limited practice and a lot of new pieces in the puzzle I don't worry too much about the Carleton game. I won't be worried about defense either.

I do worry about whether or not we will play enough small ball or if Cronin will be willing to put the players on the floor that help us most regardless of their seniority. If we need Logan Johnson on the floor or Ellie...we need to let them play even if some feelings get hurt.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #117
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
With limited practice and a lot of new pieces in the puzzle I don't worry too much about the Carleton game. I won't be worried about defense either.

I do worry about whether or not we will play enough small ball or if Cronin will be willing to put the players on the floor that help us most regardless of their seniority. If we need Logan Johnson on the floor or Ellie...we need to let them play even if some feelings get hurt.
Comparing Logan Johnson’s minutes to that of hardnett’s, I think for sure Logan will get plenty of work this season.

Cronin needs him to be through some wars if he plans on him being a 3 year starter starting next year.

Justin Jenifer Is capped on what he can be. I think Logan will eat into his minutes. But make no mistake, cane has to be aggressive too. It’s his last year and we really need him to show what we all know he is capable of.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #118
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Comparing Logan Johnson’s minutes to that of hardnett’s, I think for sure Logan will get plenty of work this season.

Cronin needs him to be through some wars if he plans on him being a 3 year starter starting next year.

Justin Jenifer Is capped on what he can be. I think Logan will eat into his minutes. But make no mistake, cane has to be aggressive too. It’s his last year and we really need him to show what we all know he is capable of.
I would imagine Broome can/will be used at the 1 or the 2. Logan will probably be limited to playing PG with all the options we have on the wing. With Jenifer being a senior and Broome factoring in...Johnson is going to have to out perform someone significantly to get in there for 10+ minutes. You gotta figure Jenifer will see 15+ minutes either way and Broome will run the point for at least 5 minutes here and there.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #119
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would imagine Broome can/will be used at the 1 or the 2. Logan will probably be limited to playing PG with all the options we have on the wing. With Jenifer being a senior and Broome factoring in...Johnson is going to have to out perform someone significantly to get in there for 10+ minutes. You gotta figure Jenifer will see 15+ minutes either way and Broome will run the point for at least 5 minutes here and there.
Generally most freshman only learn one position any way.

But I think a lineup of Logan, Cumberland,Moore/Williams, Fredericks & Scott would be pretty good.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #120
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Generally most freshman only learn one position any way.

But I think a lineup of Logan, Cumberland,Moore/Williams, Fredericks & Scott would be pretty good.
Logan Johnson or Steve Logan, I’d love to see Steve Logan in there this year
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote