Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #11
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
He took his talents to twitter, he just ranted a week ago about Cane

Jacob Doyle
‏ @JacobKDoyle

I HATE to do this, but it needs to be said...

Cane Broome is the biggest head case on earth. Just stfu and play basketball. So tired of hearing about him being frustrated, unhappy, mishandled, etc. Quit bitching. Play basketball. Every week it's something new with this dude.

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 01-12-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #12
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
He took his talents to twitter, he just ranted a week ago about Cane

Jacob Doyle
‏ @JacobKDoyle

I HATE to do this, but it needs to be said...

Cane Broome is the biggest head case on earth. Just stfu and play basketball. So tired of hearing about him being frustrated, unhappy, mishandled, etc. Quit bitching. Play basketball. Every week it's something new with this dude.

as i said, always passionate
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #13
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
oops it didn't hit me till just now for some reason I was thinking about Waite for this thread (who did leave just recently).

Yeah Jacob is gone and won't be coming back. I had some conversations with him and he thought some of the arguments were getting silly and he couldn't do it anymore.

he was always super passionate and i think that got him in the end.
Pretty funny to throw that big of a fit over a message board though. I mean he did give me a lifetime ban for disagreeing with him once so i can’t say I’m sad
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #14
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
The Nevada loss killed a lot of Bearcats souls.

It didn't kill mine, however I did stop taking basketball nearly as serious as I did.

When UC lost, it would ruin my weekend. I'd borderline be a bad husband and father just because a team I cheer for lost.

It was ridiculous.

I've since dialed it way back.

People watch sports for fun, for it to be a break from every day life and shit that actually matters. I've already told myself that if being a fan is no longer fun and that if I get more emotion from losing then I do winning, then its time to cancel the season tickets and find another hobby.

That also said, I personally find it more entertaining to have online message board fights with people who cheer for our opponents rather than fight with my own fan base. I've spent a lot of time on an AAC board. The shit talking there is elite.

At least Jacob didn't lose his fandom, instead just his desire to talk sports on a message board
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #15
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The Nevada loss killed a lot of Bearcats souls.

It didn't kill mine, however I did stop taking basketball nearly as serious as I did.

When UC lost, it would ruin my weekend. I'd borderline be a bad husband and father just because a team I cheer for lost.

It was ridiculous.

I've since dialed it way back.

People watch sports for fun, for it to be a break from every day life and shit that actually matters. I've already told myself that if being a fan is no longer fun and that if I get more emotion from losing then I do winning, then its time to cancel the season tickets and find another hobby.

That also said, I personally find it more entertaining to have online message board fights with people who cheer for our opponents rather than fight with my own fan base. I've spent a lot of time on an AAC board. The shit talking there is elite.

At least Jacob didn't lose his fandom, instead just his desire to talk sports on a message board
Couldn't agree more. Ya have to take a step back sometimes and not treat being a fan as life or death. It's cool to enjoy it, be passionate and get into it but if they lose a game still be able to move on from it. It too would ruin my day and affect others around me. Also I would feel as if Id get it arguments with friends if there were any negative comments about UC being that some of them are more casual fans and I was too biased. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Just trying to enjoy it the best I can, be a great fan but don't let it become a negative thing in my life. I'm still working on it honestly.

It's nice to come on here and talk basketball and if some of the conversations gets too serious then oh well just need to be able to take a step back and take a break if that happens.

I do love UC basketball and the shape it's in. Scheduling has gotten fun, I do wish we could see an uptick in recruiting and I do wish we could go on a little run come March. But I must say, nothing is worse (personally as a college basketball fan) than not seeing your name on the bracket during selection Sunday and even if it's been a lot of first weekend exits, at least we are in the tourney every year. This is just my opinion.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 01-14-2019 at 03:30 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #16
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
If it took the Nevada loss to kill your soul you weren't around for the late 90's/early 2000's. Jerrod West and Jason Kapono killed my soul a long time ago but Ive since built a callus and cheer on UC with a great appreciation of the program as a whole.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote