Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #271
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I’ll say, I am starting to get excited for next year as the Nevada loss is a month behind us. I’ll never fully get over it but time helps.

Next year will be cool because of Cumberland he’s more aggressive than anyone we have had on any of our teams since Kilpatrick. I mean Jacob had the most talent since Kilpatrick and maybe ever since Lance as far as the Cronin era but i don’t think Evans was built to be “the guy.” Cumberland is. Gary was amazing for us of course and truly was the best glue guy/do it all type player. But man, Cumberland really showed me down the stretch that he’s ready for this to be his team. He will be getting bucket after bucket next year. Yes, teams will know that’s our go to weapon, but I just don’t think many teams will stop him. We still will even have solid weapons outside of Cumberland. That’s the difference than the year with Kilpatrick. Everyone knew Kilpatrick was our go to guy, and SK still got his his buckets, and had very few options.. Cumberland will do the same on an overall more talented team with better options than SK

Other options will be:
Cane. Cane really can create and get an open look pretty much any time he wants
Tre. Tre knows he has to step up in Gary’s absence he was showing signs towards the end of the year. I don’t think he will be a dominate force but def can get east buckets when Cumberland and cane are getting attention. I mean I don’t know if Justin Jackson was really any better than Tre will be so that to me is a wash
I’m hoping Fredericks will be another good option then either Keith or Trevor

Still a lot of question marks on our upcoming team but def think our new Kilpatrick in Cumberland will be able to score at will and have better options overall than SK had

Last edited by GarradJ21; 04-18-2018 at 11:11 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #272
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I'm not excited for next year yet. I'm sure I will get there.

I am excited to see Cumberland...he is a beast. I'm excited to see Cane being Cane since Cronin doesn't really have any other choice.

I'm very interested in seeing which Freshman takes a huge leap, opportunity for each of them to get a lot of playing time if they improve their game. I'm nervous that no one will, but we've seen it before...not usually after only a freshman season though....fingers crossed
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:51 AM   #273
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I'm not excited for next year yet. I'm sure I will get there.

I am excited to see Cumberland...he is a beast. I'm excited to see Cane being Cane since Cronin doesn't really have any other choice.

I'm very interested in seeing which Freshman takes a huge leap, opportunity for each of them to get a lot of playing time if they improve their game. I'm nervous that no one will, but we've seen it before...not usually after only a freshman season though....fingers crossed
Just my opinion but cane being cane is a much better thing team wise this year then it was last year. On last years team him pounding the ball instead of sharing it with Clark, Evans, Washington and JC was not going to make us more effective. Using him off the bench while he fined tuned his game was a good move in my opinion. He was able to play more to his strengths while adjusting his game. This notion of Cronin being Cronin is laughable. He has been very successful in his tenure here short of a deep run in the NCAA.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:56 AM   #274
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Just my opinion but cane being cane is a much better thing team wise this year then it was last year. On last years team him pounding the ball instead of sharing it with Clark, Evans, Washington and JC was not going to make us more effective. Using him off the bench while he fined tuned his game was a good move in my opinion. He was able to play more to his strengths while adjusting his game. This notion of Cronin being Cronin is laughable. He has been very successful in his tenure here short of a deep run in the NCAA.
Deep run? I'd take a modest run...any run.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #275
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Deep run? I'd take a modest run...any run.
LOL me too!!!!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #276
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Not sure if this link of Logan Johnson has been posted but man this video makes me feel really good about him.

He is super athletic and dunks with ease in game.

http://www.hudl.com/v/27cEzS
Super excited about Logan! Ambidextrous, athletic, plays with a lot of heart, finishes in the lane with either hand, can dunk with either hand, can shoot a little, gets after it on D and loose balls, very good instincts.

I hope he can adjust right away to the speed of D1.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #277
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Super excited about Logan! Ambidextrous, athletic, plays with a lot of heart, finishes in the lane with either hand, can dunk with either hand, can shoot a little, gets after it on D and loose balls, very good instincts.

I hope he can adjust right away to the speed of D1.
I don't see any version of his college career playing out where he isn't good.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #278
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Next years team will be dependent on how much the current roster moves forward. Player development will be the key to how good we become. Williams, Moore, Ellie, Brooks , Scott and Cane will all need to draw on last years experience and build on that foundation. The newcomers will have to hit the ground running but that is doable. Our depth should be better. We lost some big contributors but I'm hopeful that collectively the team can fill the gap. We will not be getting a 5* recruit to save the day.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #279
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

I would say he has had some successes here. Very successful is not a term id use. That's reserved for more than 1 outright conference championship and conference tourney championship win. Especially considering we've not been in a power 5/6 for 5 years now.

Just curious, what strengths was cane able to play to as a result of coming off the bench, vs starting?

The main improvement I saw from him was when he actually started getting the lions share of minutes at PG.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #280
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
I have said it over and over again. The ONLY metric I have for success is postseason success in the NCAA tourney. All the other stuff to me is noise.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote