Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #1801
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Basketball is basketball. If he just waiting on ok from school board or clearinghouse I'm pretty sure he's around team playing at open gyms
Yeah, this isn’t one of mick’s projects. Talent and skill can help catch up quicker than others.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:05 AM   #1802
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I think it's getting to the point where it might not matter for this year if he does come. He's already missed close to a months worth of team practices. If he misses the whole summer practice session, I don't imagine he'd have much (if any) of an impact for this year. He might end up like Prince last year, a very late addition who redshirts.
on the other side of things. Hes been injured since january. so even if he were here he wouldnt be "practicing"
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:15 AM   #1803
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Tony pike just mentioned the Zach Harvey situation on his noon show. Made it sound like it was still in play. So who knows what’s going on there. I would think he knows more than us but he might be guessing also.
Man I would really love to get Harvey, the unfollowing of all things UC related on his twitter has me worried, why would you unfollow if there was still a chance... IE: Samari Curtis... I have heard there was some issues with the NCAA clearing house with him trying to reclassify back to 2019.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #1804
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Man I would really love to get Harvey, the unfollowing of all things UC related on his twitter has me worried, why would you unfollow if there was still a chance... IE: Samari Curtis... I have heard there was some issues with the NCAA clearing house with him trying to reclassify back to 2019.
I agree. It doesn’t look good but we still have recruiting sites predicting him to uc as of yesterday. Also have Tony pike mentioning it, I’m pretty sure he has friends that know something, (chad). Like I said, I doubt he comes at this point, but I don’t know why people that know more than I do continue to think there is still a chance.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:21 AM   #1805
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I agree. It doesn’t look good but we still have recruiting sites predicting him to uc as of yesterday. Also have Tony pike mentioning it, I’m pretty sure he has friends that know something, (chad). Like I said, I doubt he comes at this point, but I don’t know why people that know more than I do continue to think there is still a chance.
Could be (and this isn't based on anything I know) a situation where the president needs to okay the player...who knows. But that would explain a lot of why it could still be up in the air. With classes starting tomorrow I would think most if not all of the other hurdles are out of the way. And I believe the prez is back on campus today. If everyone else that needs to be on board is on board and he's got the credits and courseload (etc) to reclassify...it could just be the prez signing off. Seems a little strange that it would need to go up the ladder all the way to the top but stranger things have happened I guess.

It would also explain why some "experts" have crystal balls and some aren't quite willing to do it yet. Could literally be a 50-50 situation if it comes down to one person. But this is pure speculation and there may be other things waiting on approval or finalization.

Probably going to know something for sure by tomorrow.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #1806
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Lance McAllister tweeted "prepare for breaking news" #Bearcats. Saying he's off the next two days...so maybe getting out in front of some news.

Can only hope it's Harvey but we've been up and down that roller coaster. I have to say the lack of information out there has been impressive in terms of keeping things on the down low. Those in the know (if they do know anything) are keeping a tight lip.

Or it could be something else...LOL!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:14 AM   #1807
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Dancing bearcat is out today
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:17 AM   #1808
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Dancing bearcat is out today
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:18 AM   #1809
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Harvey is a Bearcat
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #1810
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Harvey in
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote