Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2020, 06:54 PM   #341
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol Jarron might start dropping buckets in the UCLA basket

It was clear earlier in the season he missed mick a lot. At least according to his timeline on Instagram
Even if the guy is your dad, you still want to beat them. Usually more the closer you are to them. Are you suggesting he wouldn’t want to beat mick because he likes him?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:59 PM   #342
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
So selection Sunday is today and you have a 1000 bucks to bet on if the Bearcats make it or not, leaving fandom aside, which do you choose?

I try to be a realist and borderline pessimist. I’d rather have low expectations and have them exceeded than the other way around.
I’ve literally said multiple times I thought our chances were zero and I’m surprised we aren’t completely out of it. But since people still have us close, it would suggest to me that if we played well down the stretch, we would make it fairly easy. Something that I did not think would be possible after the loss. I think we’d have to win out in the regular season, or lose to Houston, win the others and win a game or two in the aac tourney. If those things happen I think we get in. I don’t have much hope of either happening at this point.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #343
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Even if the guy is your dad, you still want to beat them. Usually more the closer you are to them. Are you suggesting he wouldn’t want to beat mick because he likes him?
It was a joke. Relax
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #344
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
So selection Sunday is today and you have a 1000 bucks to bet on if the Bearcats make it or not, leaving fandom aside, which do you choose?

I try to be a realist and borderline pessimist. I’d rather have low expectations and have them exceeded than the other way around.
The other teams around our position, are teams like Georgetown, Stanford, Miss st, South Carolina, Indiana, usc, Richmond. These teams are probably going to lose multiple games down the stretch. These teams aren’t exactly duke. If we win, we will be fine. Have to win though.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:06 PM   #345
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
It was a joke. Relax
I honestly didn’t understand what you were suggesting.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:55 PM   #346
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Think you need to look up the definition of irony.
Pretty sure a coach leaving for a new team and then being the team that bumps his old school out fits being ironic
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #347
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Pretty sure a coach leaving for a new team and then being the team that bumps his old school out fits being ironic
Not really... Irony would be a coach leaving for a perceived better position/opportunity and then getting bumped by the lessor team he spurned.

It would be expected for UCLA to make the tournament.... regardless of who they bump.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #348
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Not really... Irony would be a coach leaving for a perceived better position/opportunity and then getting bumped by the lessor team he spurned.

It would be expected for UCLA to make the tournament.... regardless of who they bump.
Lol this is a horrible take.

A job can be better long term but not have immediate expected success

UCLA was picked 8th in the pac 12 and lost their 3 best players from a losing team who didn’t make the tourney,

This season UC was expected to make the tourney, UCLA wasn’t,

It’s simple
Old 02-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #349
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol this is a horrible take.

A job can be better long term but not have immediate expected success

UCLA was picked 8th in the pac 12 and lost their 3 best players from a losing team who didn’t make the tourney,

This season UC was expected to make the tourney, UCLA wasn’t,

It’s simple
Sigh... not sure how anyone can deal with your insanity. Worthless to even respond to your ridiculous posts.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #350
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Sigh... not sure how anyone can deal with your insanity. Worthless to even respond to your ridiculous posts.
I'd love to know what's insane about it?

Facts:
-UCLA lost its 3 best players
-UCLA was picked 8th in the Pac 12
-UC returned its top 3 scorers, its leading rebounder and its leading passer. Also one was a preseason all American.
-UC was picked top 3 in the league
-Preseason brackets had UC slotted in
-Most of this fanbase expected to make the tourney

UCLA is playing in the 4th best conference in the country now too. But don't take my word for it, just look it via kenpom. We play in the 7th.

This is the first time since the McDonald's all American game existed that UCLA does not have a MCD's all American on its roster. So historically, this is the least talented UCLA team in the last 20-30 years.

I didn't make any of that stuff up.

But maybe you thought so highly of Mick that your self expected him to make the tourney in year 1 and play for the regular season standings leader. I know the rest of the country didn't