Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-20-2020, 04:13 AM   #21
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
I know this was a far less important game than Memphis. I just find it so funny how quiet everyone is when things are going well. We’re depending on some kind of crazy win streak our a conference tourney championship to get to the dance. This is the change a lot of people wanted, we lost the consistency that Cronin had. There are a lot of good players on our team, and when we are on, we are on. I think Brannen had made some seriously questionable decisions this year. I think our offense is as complete as it’s been in a long time. Might just have the ability to make something happen this year
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:37 AM   #22
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Tre had a post game interview with the tv crew where he said he felt like he let his teammates down against Memphis as wanted to come out and make up for it.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:05 AM   #23
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Also, to add to this, no one hates Tre. Probably one of the most liked Bearcats on the team. We would simply like him to stop throwing the ball to other team and stop shooting mid range jumpers. Fairly easy fixes that would improve his game
Exactly
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:12 AM   #24
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
we are up to 28 in defense on kenpom. we were 28 at the end of last season.
With Vogt
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:20 AM   #25
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I know this was a far less important game than Memphis. I just find it so funny how quiet everyone is when things are going well. We’re depending on some kind of crazy win streak our a conference tourney championship to get to the dance. This is the change a lot of people wanted, we lost the consistency that Cronin had. There are a lot of good players on our team, and when we are on, we are on. I think Brannen had made some seriously questionable decisions this year. I think our offense is as complete as it’s been in a long time. Might just have the ability to make something happen this year
It’s human nature to complain more. Listen to any talk radio show after a loss. It’s also quiet because it’s not an exciting game. It’s a game we should win by 20 and we did at home. So there’s not much to learn from or talk about,
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #26
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Now we are on to temple who quite possibly has the worst camera angle to watch a game in all of college basketball
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:32 PM   #27
PSmitty23

PSmitty23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Now we are on to temple who quite possibly has the worst camera angle to watch a game in all of college basketball
Temple is a very hard team to figure out. They lose to Tulane at home by 14 but beat Wichita by 12. Hope we can figure them out and get this W
PSmitty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:19 PM   #28
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I enjoyed hearing from Tre and Harvey in in the post game presser.

Harvey's body language on the court and bench this season has given a lot of mixed signals but it's good to hear him speak so humbly about his current role on the team and give credit to his teammates and coaches where due. I'm excited to see him progress over the next 2 months.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote