Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #591
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I’d rather diarra start. Let’s see if he figured it out. His ceiling is the highest if he can ever stop the dumb things.
Id agree.. But I don't see that happening. Vogt was very good for majority of season and then got exposed some. Curious how his game builds.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:03 PM   #592
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Bench is deeep. No clue who starters are.

Dejulius. Maw. Keith. Rap. Vogt. Would be my guesss.

With Harvey first off bench.

Keith, Vogt, Diara, Rap, Dejulius, MAW (20-30)

Harvey, Gabe, Eason 10-20

Saunders, Davenport, Mason, Gilliam 0-10
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:10 PM   #593
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Id agree.. But I don't see that happening. Vogt was very good for majority of season and then got exposed some. Curious how his game builds.
I think I agree with SkyBlade here with Vogt playing with either Diara or Eason but not Rap. Diara can play with Rap, Eason, or Vogt.

Unless Brannen gets Rap to go all out on D every play like he should. There are too many alternatives for players to take plays off right now. Also the parity between players is not as big as it was with Cumberland and Scott. Scott didn't take plays off but Cumberland did and we could not afford to have Cumberland not in the game. We can probably afford to have any of our roster out of the game right now...so the bench will become much more effective tool for CJB. I think CJB even said at one point he didn't have much choice but to watch some players take a play off at times...and in the future it would not be an issue.

This roster is shaping up for up tempo, balls to the wall press, high competition for playing time, etc. If you are lazy...we have a solution. Also 5 man out motion should be ripe.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:19 PM   #594
waterhead
Senior Moderator

With Williams...did we just add our 2 biggest play makers? Obviously we don't know about the frosh.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #595
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
if anybody we play has a post player Vogt and Rap are definitely going to play together. Vogt is the only post defender on the roster.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #596
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Realistically, getting a decent big and a confident scoring guard is about the best we could have hoped for at this stage in the process.

I really would have liked to see that Bowling Green kid come in, but I do like our back court options now.

I see some chatter on Facebook about a big from Michigan might also be in play. Any legs to that?

Since we've heard absolutely nothing about Prince thus far I'm assuming nothing positive has changed in his situation. I'm sure the roster could make a hole if the opportunity arises.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:34 PM   #597
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
if anybody we play has a post player Vogt and Rap are definitely going to play together. Vogt is the only post defender on the roster.
I am hoping Diarra can take some time to train and learn some post player defense. He's raw but his progress this summer could be really good. We just won't know.

Same with Vogt. This is his last year. So conditioning might be next level. We know he understands the system, he just can get worn down and fouls a bit too much. I love his attitude and temperament, mostly.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #598
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
We are VERY deep all of a sudden. And you always want everyone to be happy enough with minutes, so I'm not worrying about adding anyone at this point.

I think you need to get to work on the HS circuit for 21 to fill out a promising wing and big man.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #599
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post

I see some chatter on Facebook about a big from Michigan might also be in play. Any legs to that?

Since we've heard absolutely nothing about Prince thus far I'm assuming nothing positive has changed in his situation. I'm sure the roster could make a hole if the opportunity arises.
I think the chances for the Michigan big (Castleton) died on the vine once Rap committed. We don't have any minutes to offer him next season.

As you mentioned, no news about Prince probably means his spot/scholarship is in place for the time being. Unless someone unexpectedly transfers out, it seems like our roster is set until further notice.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #600
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I think the chances for the Michigan big (Castleton) died on the vine once Rap committed. We don't have any minutes to offer him next season.

As you mentioned, no news about Prince probably means his spot/scholarship is in place for the time being. Unless someone unexpectedly transfers out, it seems like our roster is set until further notice.
If we get another Harvey situation...Princes scholarship won’t last long. At least not his sports scholarship