Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 07:07 AM   #41
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,274
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lots of videos of Dou and Trevor Moore bustin 3ís in an empty gym too. Hopefully he can make em when the lights go on

Justin Jackson used to drain 3's before warm ups started.

cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:08 AM   #42
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,274
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Have seen some musings about possible recruits
on a couple of the threads.
Where is this info available ?
I look via cbssports & espn and google which
leads me to Rivals, I think. But I havenít been
able to find any info.
Thanks !
This is a good place to find the names, but there isn't much info on a lot of the guys. Get the name you want and usually you can find stuff on twitter.

https://247sports.com/college/cincin...tball/Targets/
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #43
cincyalum2014
Elite Member
 
cincyalum2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 696
cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Very true. I still donít know if Trevor was an actual good shooter in practice or it was hype. He was a terrible shooter in game.
Well Trevor is averaging 9.1 points a game at Morgan State, shooting 35% and 31% from 3 and is 67% from the free throw line ... so I would say itís all hype ....so to give some color , based solely on comparison of averages and shots attempted heís shooing about as well as Mika Adams Woods who is not a terrible shooter but not a great shooter either.... we all know how bad of a shooting team this bearcat team is.... Trevor would rank around the 5th and 6th range of shooting percentage on this team
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #44
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,274
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Trevor Moore is a career 29.9% 3 point shooter over 234 attempts. He's never shot higher than 31.7% for a season.

He's not a good shooter. He's a career 70% FT shooter which I think these days is a little below average. 202 teams average over 70% FT shooting as a team.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #45
Lefty
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 95
Lefty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
This is a good place to find the names, but there isn't much info on a lot of the guys. Get the name you want and usually you can find stuff on twitter.

https://247sports.com/college/cincin...tball/Targets/
Thanks CC 11 !
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #46
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nati
Posts: 3,739
TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lots of videos of Dou and Trevor Moore bustin 3ís in an empty gym too. Hopefully he can make em when the lights go on
Agreed. Just first I've seen from him really. He was second highest recruit besides Tari.

I do feel like he may be a better shooting vogt with slower feet. But I guess we will find out.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #47
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nati
Posts: 3,739
TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Well Trevor is averaging 9.1 points a game at Morgan State, shooting 35% and 31% from 3 and is 67% from the free throw line ... so I would say itís all hype ....so to give some color , based solely on comparison of averages and shots attempted heís shooing about as well as Mika Adams Woods who is not a terrible shooter but not a great shooter either.... we all know how bad of a shooting team this bearcat team is.... Trevor would rank around the 5th and 6th range of shooting percentage on this team
I think Trevor could shoot it.. watching him pregame he was knock down. Just think game might be a little too big for him.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #48
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,814
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Spot shooting repetition 3's with your feet set and no defender is a world apart from game day situations. Nice to hear he can at least make them. There will be chances in games (like Mikey has seen recently) to get wide open with your feet set.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:25 AM   #49
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4,600
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Agreed. Just first I've seen from him really. He was second highest recruit besides Tari.

I do feel like he may be a better shooting vogt with slower feet. But I guess we will find out.
You think he will be slower than Vogt? Didnít think that was possible
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #50
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,814
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Starting to think the returning core could be good in a couple of years if we can keep them on campus. If we just fill some holes and grab some additional talent and defensive stoppers...we can have a shot to win the conference in a couple of years.

It's got some good bones. Keep the 7 Brannen guys for 2 more years and we shouldn't have to focus on too much recruiting other than the 5 spot. Even if we can't land a stud wing player...we should be okay there. Go defense with the next two transfers and fill in with HS talent. Save one roster spot for next year or late developments.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.