Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #61
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Going to need dou against Memphis, Vogt really struggled with their athletes last year and Tari isn’t big enough. Should be fun though. Memphis isn’t good either but they got athletes
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #62
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Listened to the post-game. Sounds like Harvey and Eason have cleared the conference testing protocols, but haven't been cleared to play by UC medical staff (not sure what that entails). Guessing they will be good to go on Thursday.

Brannen was not particularly happy with the teams play, but said it's better to learn by winning. Though we played with a lot less energy and focus than we did against Temple.

I haven't watched much of Memphis this year, but I know they are going to have athletes (they always do).
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:59 PM   #63
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
As long as we don’t finish in the bottom 3rd of the league I’m fine. These next stretch of games will be tough. But I do think should try to get a game in before the Houston game. No reason to rest 7 days
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #64
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
As long as we don’t finish in the bottom 3rd of the league I’m fine. These next stretch of games will be tough. But I do think should try to get a game in before the Houston game. No reason to rest 7 days
Yeah, I’d like another game or two. Get as many reps as possible. Would rather a terrible team if possible. Get some guys some confidence but I’d take whatever we can get.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #65
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Would be ideal to get one of the postponed home games rescheduled since we currently have one more away game than home game with our current AAC schedule.

Seems like that may be a tough task with ECU/Wichita/Temple all having road heavy schedules around that time and midweek games already scheduled between the 14-21.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #66
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Listened to the post-game. Sounds like Harvey and Eason have cleared the conference testing protocols, but haven't been cleared to play by UC medical staff (not sure what that entails). Guessing they will be good to go on Thursday.

Brannen was not particularly happy with the teams play, but said it's better to learn by winning. Though we played with a lot less energy and focus than we did against Temple.

I haven't watched much of Memphis this year, but I know they are going to have athletes (they always do).
Was wondering if it's the heart testing stuff they did alot regarding football. Regardless then on the bench is good news. Little extra precaution isn't a bad thing either.

Hope they are back Thursday
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:18 PM   #67
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Man Eason gets his hands clean on more basketballs than anyone I can remember. Even with 4 turnovers he really impacted the game in a big way on D and loose balls etc
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:31 PM   #68
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Man Eason gets his hands clean on more basketballs than anyone I can remember. Even with 4 turnovers he really impacted the game in a big way on D and loose balls etc
He just doesn't need to be trying to run a fast break.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:56 PM   #69
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
He just doesn't need to be trying to run a fast break.
He’s got skills but they aren’t ready to feature yet. But we don’t need him to focus on that now.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:53 PM   #70
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I mean Martin and Banks both played better than scholarship player Mike Saunders. I believe back when Cronin coached he mentioned Martin getting PG minutes as a senior as a serious possibility. We have quality walk-ons.
That assist from Martin was nice. At minimum he needs be on court when we know teams need foul.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote