Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2021, 09:53 AM   #151
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
On a good team Eason would’ve been RS candidate for me so his mom needs shut hell up.I don’t know what Roy was selling her but professional basketball right now isn’t it. I mentioned his first couple games he needed bulk up and be more physical. Yes, he has all the athleticism in world, he still needs to develop a game for this level. I don’t care about the minutes he’s playing on this weak team, he’s not better than JJ, gates, or Clark as freshman.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #152
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Brooks would be gone by now, but he's currently not doing much for a Miami team that sucks like we do. He's giving them 6 points 6 boards and less than a block per game.
Yeah, brooks isn’t any good either. I’d rather have Ellie to be honest
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:58 AM   #153
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Brooks would be gone by now, but he's currently not doing much for a Miami team that sucks like we do. He's giving them 6 points 6 boards and less than a block per game.
I’m saying brooks type C(defensive/rim protector), he looked just as good Garza before foul trouble.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #154
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yeah, brooks isn’t any good either. I’d rather have Ellie to be honest
Brooks wasn’t good for UC? Hahaha
Old 02-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #155
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Brooks wasn’t good for UC? Hahaha
Agree, that’s why I was never sad when he left. He missed more dunks than anyone I’ve seen. If people would rather have him than Vogt, ok, but neither one is good

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-22-2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #156
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
On a good team Eason would’ve been RS candidate for me so his mom needs shut hell up.I don’t know what Roy was selling her but professional basketball right now isn’t it. I mentioned his first couple games he needed bulk up and be more physical. Yes, he has all the athleticism in world, he still needs to develop a game for this level. I don’t care about the minutes he’s playing on this weak team, he’s not better than JJ, gates, or Clark as freshman.
I think Eason upside is higher than all those guys, he’s skills are raw by they further along than those guys as a freshmen in my opinion. He isn’t there yet, but he might think he is
Old 02-22-2021, 10:11 AM   #157
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thats another 3 years before we'd look competitive. The mix of freshman and transfers that he's used has been a good one. But you have to hit on the guys you get. And you have to keep them once you get them.

The team needs talent anyway you can get it. We don't have it. Keith is our best player, but he's not a star or really even close to it. He's likely a 3rd guy on a good team. Look at Houston and tell me who Keith would play ahead of out of their wings.

This year was always going to suck. The 2017-2019 classes aren't doing anything here or the places they transferred to. We haven't brought in talent since Cumberlands class. Thats how you get the team we have now.

Brannen needed to hit on a lot of guys early. He got role players in MAW, Davenport, Saunders, and Mason. He got a solid PG in DD. Tari has loads of potential and might be a star in year 3 and 4 if he stays. But he didn't get any guys that were stars right away.
I'm not gonna argue with any of that. If we can get a couple home runs in the transfer market I would like to do that of course. But I would rather go with 11 or 12 roster spots filled at this point and focus on a big HS class the following year to get the foundation going again. We can't keep getting off to slow starts with many players learning new system each year. Let's face it we don't have a coach Penny to sell highly ranked recruits so we have to use a good foundation of 3 star guys who can develop over time. With some 4 stars mixed in.

We should be trying to get 1-2 transfers to fill holes. The rest should come from HS. We aren't in a power conference so the recipe (without a great salesman coach) is going to include 3 and 4 year players for the most part.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:14 AM   #158
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Saunders needs look for his shot more and it’ll open up offense. It’s small ball but I think going forward I’m giving MAW minutes to Saunders. He fastest PG we’ve ever had, let him get out and run more.
You couldn't be more wrong. Yikes.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:15 AM   #159
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think Eason upside is higher than all those guys, he’s skills are raw by they further along than those guys as a freshmen in my opinion. He isn’t there yet, but he might think he is
Eason will be great. He's got some things to work on but I think everyone knew that coming in. If we can keep him and keep his head on straight and coach him...he's gonna be an all conference player by junior year.

There is so much to like about his game on both ends. But he's still mistake prone which is/was to be expected. Tough love is what he needs and that's about it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #160
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Eason will be great. He's got some things to work on but I think everyone knew that coming in. If we can keep him and keep his head on straight and coach him...he's gonna be an all conference player by junior year.

There is so much to like about his game on both ends. But he's still mistake prone which is/was to be expected. Tough love is what he needs and that's about it.
I'm not sure he sticks around... but agreed if he does.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote