Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2021, 01:14 PM   #241
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Classic... legend speaks in 3rd person about himself, while missing the point that there is just 10% capacity

10% capacity was set by the school because it’s the only way they get a sell out again under Brannen.
Yet... Justin scrambling to get tickets. Interesting.

Legend laughs at Justin.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:27 PM   #242
Lefty

Lefty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think he is a lawyer in his day job, but also covers the team when he can. He’s kind of like a chad, but doesn’t do it as a full time job. He’s been around for 5-6 years. Usually pretty rational.
Thanks !
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:32 PM   #243
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Yet... Justin scrambling to get tickets. Interesting.

Legend laughs at Justin.
Scambling lol.. Im a season ticket holder, if I was scrambling I could have bought them today.

I sell you some.

Ill score some for all the Brannen's lovers to go out and financially support the program.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:44 PM   #244
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Scambling lol.. Im a season ticket holder, if I was scrambling I could have bought them today.

I sell you some.

Ill score some for all the Brannen's lovers to go out and financially support the program.
Done. I'll take them.

I have some priority as a 10 yr ticket holder but mostly cheap seats.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:48 PM   #245
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Listened to the radio show, Brannen sounded very defensive. They also didn't take calls.

It's apparent that Brannen is feeling the heat. Hopefully that leads him to take a look at the current state of things and make positive changes. It seems like he is committed to what he is doing and wants to convince fans to wait it out. Hopefully he's correct.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #246
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It was a red flag that didn’t build relationships with uc players when he was the coach at nku? Or go to other teams practices? I’m not sure I follow that logic.
Bro area coaches and players in high school link up and network all time. It’s explains it below me, he wasn’t best of friends with UC and didn’t even want us use gym. How he got job if that’s true is mind boggling.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #247
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Why would he watch another teams practice? Coaches don’t want other coaches watching their practices.
Bro coaches go other teams practices all time. Our secret scrimmages was glorified practice! Once again in high school we trained and practiced with other teams all time especially during off season. You telling me UC/nku didn’t have open gyms together?
Old 02-23-2021, 04:56 PM   #248
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
I think Brannen being friends with Chris Mack was a red flag.

You’ll think John is purposefully destroying UC because he’s a secret Xavier fan?
He’s certainly anti-mick! I can tell he didn’t like no white players on scholarship, he fixed that immediately.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:22 PM   #249
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Damn. Mick’s 2nd year team is now rated higher in Kenpom then this UC team.

That’s what remarkable about Mick’s tenure. For 5 straight years when he took over, he improved year over year in Kenpom and did it in the Big East.

If anything derailed Mick Cronin it was the move to the AAC. He was well on his way to being really good while snagging good talent in a good league all while playing in a busted ass arena,

I want John to succeed. But I think it’s gonna take some serious self evaluation on his part.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:58 PM   #250
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Damn. Mick’s 2nd year team is now rated higher in Kenpom then this UC team.

That’s what remarkable about Mick’s tenure. For 5 straight years when he took over, he improved year over year in Kenpom and did it in the Big East.

If anything derailed Mick Cronin it was the move to the AAC. He was well on his way to being really good while snagging good talent in a good league all while playing in a busted ass arena,

I want John to succeed. But I think it’s gonna take some serious self evaluation on his part.
All indications (from the post-game and Brannen radio show) seem to be that Brannen is going to double down. Brannen's opinion seems to be that the problems are because he hasn't installed his culture strongly enough. His given players too much leeway, he has let culture slide in favor of winning now.

Coaches (Brannen being no exception) tend to have big egos. He doesn't think he is the problem, the players are the problem. If he has made mistakes it's because he has been too lenient.

If it works and we turn things around great. If not, it probably burns things down quickly, which is also good as we don't want to keep a bad coach around longer than needed.

The rest of the season and early post-season will tell us a lot. There are a lot of indications that there are issues in the locker room. It's either players or Brannen, but there are definitely problems. Either Brannen fixes it, or there is an exodus and Brannen's coaching career here will come to a quick end.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote