Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #11
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Let's save the drama for other threads on this board.

Do you guys follow any other programs to know who might be an up and comer to hire as a star recruiter?

We're going to have some important roster spots to fill in the next year.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwebster19 View Post
Kenyon’s twitter post was not at all needed.

I’m excited about the upcoming year. Really hoping to see some fast break points for a change. When it comes to retention. I just can’t imagine many people saying, well actually I’d rather have a 5’5” guy yelling at me over not running the clock down over the new dude who played and wants to see me score points. Which one of these two philosophies is going to get me to the next level?
I agree. I’m excited about a different style of b-ball. Not trying to play stall ball against every decent team and hoping they turn the ball over. I’m curious how someone else will do with similar players. If they stay of course. I think it’s exciting and new. Could fail, could be great. Who knows, let’s wait and see before we disown the program
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:02 PM   #13
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Kenyon leading a moronic rally against the hire. Disappointing to see.
I agree, very immature and ill timed
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:12 PM   #14
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
more getting in the party. Hicks, White, and I'm sure there will be more.

Anyway, i'd like to see NVE as an assistant. Good look for Brannen and i'd like to not have our ex-players keep talking shit about the program. People talk highly of Brannen's assistant at NKU but I'm sure he'll take over there.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #15
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post

Anyway, i'd like to see NVE as an assistant. Good look for Brannen and i'd like to not have our ex-players keep talking shit about the program. People talk highly of Brannen's assistant at NKU but I'm sure he'll take over there.
Can you imagine being the new coach and having NVE as an assistant. Great in theory but the first sign of trouble they’d be calling for his head. Wanting Van Exel to take over.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #16
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Can you imagine being the new coach and having NVE as an assistant. Great in theory but the first sign of trouble they’d be calling for his head. Wanting Van Exel to take over.
valid point...
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:19 PM   #17
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:

You know I have to keep stopping myself from responding to white. Kid didn’t go to class and screwed us over. He gets no say, he wasn’t committed to the program.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #18
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
valid point...
You know if you are worried about that you don’t deserve to be the head coach to begin with.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #19
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
You know I have to keep stopping myself from responding to white. Kid didn’t go to class and screwed us over. He gets no say, he wasn’t committed to the program.
I feel like these ex players hardly contribute anything anyway. When are they around? Didn’t nve not even show at the recent ff reunion?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:22 PM   #20
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It’s a damn shame that there are so many Huggins players that don’t support the program. It is really disappointing that Kenyon, most of all, threw the program under the bus. He has his damn jersey retired here....where is the respect for the current players, staff, and administration?
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote