Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #211
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Cumberland returning would be a saving Grace. Coach brannnen would have to bake him a cake
He would probably be happy with chicken nuggets and fries...but I agree
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #212
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He would probably be happy with chicken nuggets and fries...but I agree
Yes yes lol both, knowing how JC gets down. But seriously hopefully he does come back chizled and focused
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:39 AM   #213
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Justin Williams' article for the athletic today makes it pretty clear Mick was leaving. He definitely wasn't forced out here, UC was negotiating and matching most of his demands (wanted to negotiate the buy out amount Mick wanted 2.5, 2.0, 1.5, 1.0, 1.0 and UC wanted 3.5, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0, 1.0 then Bohn wanted to commit to the 5th year only if UC made 1 sweet 16 in the next 4 years).

This talk of UC not trying to work with Mick was complete and total BS. It was made up trash. The public record request showed the emails and UC was willing to pay Mick 3.0 million a year if he made a sweet 16.
Well there's the rub...lol! Looks like post season success was a significant factor and the coach was not willing to commit to it. Red flag? I get that it's a negotiation and I expect Cronin to look out for himself but that particular issue is/was on the minds of more than just Bohn, donors, and the board. It was probably the only thing keeping about 90% of the fan base divided. I am sure there is/was a small % of fans that would not care either way.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #214
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Well there's the rub...lol! Looks like post season success was a significant factor and the coach was not willing to commit to it. Red flag? I get that it's a negotiation and I expect Cronin to look out for himself but that particular issue is/was on the minds of more than just Bohn, donors, and the board. It was probably the only thing keeping about 90% of the fan base divided. I am sure there is/was a small % of fans that would not care either way.

There was no negotiation here, at least not through email format. Mick listed his demands, UC countered, and Mick never responded.

He wanted out. Thats what the bullcrap Decoursey article was all about. That article just happened to drop the same day Cronin emailed UC and said he was going to talk to UCLA.

Cronin + friends went on a smear campaign towards Bohn and UC. A lot of fans ate it up. None of it was true.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #215
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Justin Williams' article for the athletic today makes it pretty clear Mick was leaving. He definitely wasn't forced out here, UC was negotiating and matching most of his demands (wanted to negotiate the buy out amount Mick wanted 2.5, 2.0, 1.5, 1.0, 1.0 and UC wanted 3.5, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0, 1.0 then Bohn wanted to commit to the 5th year only if UC made 1 sweet 16 in the next 4 years).

This talk of UC not trying to work with Mick was complete and total BS. It was made up trash. The public record request showed the emails and UC was willing to pay Mick 3.0 million a year if he made a sweet 16.
I knew there was more to it than we were being told. I honestly think Mick was ready to go and I have no ill will towards him for that, I personally didn't want him to leave but he would of been dumb not to take the UCLA job regardless of what UC was offering or matching.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #216
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Cannot argue with Bohn’s offer. Very reasonable and pretty much exactly what should have been offered. Guess Mick really wanted out...*
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #217
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Some posters who have been on their own smear campaign of a coach of 4 weeks are probably crying into their UCLA blankies right now. Daddy did in fact leave them.

Now - can we move past this crap and support Brannen and staff in their efforts to improve this program over time?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #218
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Some posters who have been on their own smear campaign of a coach of 4 weeks are probably crying into their UCLA blankies right now. Daddy did in fact leave them.

Now - can we move past this crap and support Brannen and staff in their efforts to improve this program over time?
Yes.. I want to talk ab cumberland. Cumberlands cousin... And all other recruits
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #219
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Mick asked for 6 years at 2.5 million. Which is EXACTLY what i had been saying for weeks.

Bohn Refused.

Now we have John Brannen.

It is what it is.

The 6 years were more important to Mick than the money. UCLA offered 6, UC didn't.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:13 PM   #220
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Mick asked for 6 years at 2.5 million. Which is EXACTLY what i had been saying for weeks.

Bohn Refused.

Now we have John Brannen.

It is what it is.

The 6 years were more important to Mick than the money. UCLA offered 6, UC didn't.
UCLA offered 6 because they have no issues with raising money to pay buyouts. UC doesn't have that type of money and Cronin knows that. AS you say it is what it is.