Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 09-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #21
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I love White and think he'd be perfect for UC. I think along with him UC will try to land 2 players from this group: AJ Hammons, Chris Obekpa (visiting), Junior Lomomba (He may be 3rd now in search for a big wing behind White and Hawkins), Blaise Mbargorba (who is growing on me), Terry Rozier (Believe UC is in the 2-4 range of five schools for him), JaVontae Hawkins (If we can't land White I'd prefer Hawkins to Lomomba). There are other guys they are interested in i.e. Jevon Thomas etc. but these players are a) looking to sign in the spring, or b) are looking a tier below on the interest level.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 09-09-2011 at 05:49 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #22
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Zagoria tweeted that Huggins and Co. would be paying him a visit today as well.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #23
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Zagoria tweeted that Huggins and Co. would be paying him a visit today as well.
Damn that Huggins guy!!
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
UC had an in home that went very well.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
White seems legit. Is Hammons top level talent?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #26
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
White seems legit. Is Hammons top level talent?
I have no reason to doubt Mick when it comes to evaluating talent. If he thinks Hammons is a legit top level talent, that's good enough for me.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #27
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I have no reason to doubt Mick when it comes to evaluating talent. If he thinks Hammons is a legit top level talent, that's good enough for me.
The only shot at Hammons seems to be the one aimed at Yancy when he came out of high school: All the potential in the world but his play doesn't always reflect that. I would like to think that the past four years with Yancy and that entire experience will help Mick going forward in his career with how to handle said situations.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #28
teerusty1

teerusty1 is on a distinguished road
White seems star struck with the likes of UT, Louisville and Kansas now. Might need to pull the eject button on this recruitment.
teerusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #29
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teerusty1 View Post
White seems star struck with the likes of UT, Louisville and Kansas now. Might need to pull the eject button on this recruitment.
You don't put in all this time and effort and just pull the plug because other schools are trying their darndest too. Take recruits' comments with a grain of salt (assuming you are coming up with this based on comments) because the questions posed to them are very often directed about a certain school and kids never say anything negative about a school during the recruiting process.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #30
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
You don't put in all this time and effort and just pull the plug because other schools are trying their darndest too. Take recruits' comments with a grain of salt (assuming you are coming up with this based on comments) because the questions posed to them are very often directed about a certain school and kids never say anything negative about a school during the recruiting process.
Yep, those schools have to make up some ground from the schools that have been on White for a while. Yeah we don't have an arena like the Yum! Center, recent success of Kansas, or as many NBA players as Texas, for example, but we do have a coaching staff with a GREAT relationship with White, a beautiful campus, and an up-and-coming program. A lot of schools have watched White workout at school but Mick actually had an in-home visit with White and his family.

No inside info but I like our chances.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote