Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-11-2018, 06:30 AM   #11
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
i can already picture mick now if somebody helps off peters and gives him a wide open 3.

we're almost going to have to live with it if some of their other guys hit 3's, but it can't be peters.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #12
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
I agree with this some, to me it's all about getting Moore, Johnson and Frederick up to where Williams is at. They mist be fully developed by the Tourney.
I don't think it's reasonable to think they can get to where Williams is at. Hell I don't even think Williams would be where Williams is at if it weren't for Evans leaving. It takes minutes to gain some confidence.

Talent wise I don't think Moore or Fredericks can get there anyway. Johnson probably has the talent. Moore would have to start shooting volume 3's around 40%+ to add that type of value to the team. Fredericks is versatile but not really great at anything.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:59 AM   #13
icehole3

icehole3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think it's reasonable to think they can get to where Williams is at. Hell I don't even think Williams would be where Williams is at if it weren't for Evans leaving. It takes minutes to gain some confidence.

Talent wise I don't think Moore or Fredericks can get there anyway. Johnson probably has the talent. Moore would have to start shooting volume 3's around 40%+ to add that type of value to the team. Fredericks is versatile but not really great at anything.
They need confidence and that comes with minutes. I don't expect them to get as many minutes as Williams but increase their minutes and reduce others some is what Im hoping.
icehole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:51 AM   #14
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They need confidence and that comes with minutes. I don't expect them to get as many minutes as Williams but increase their minutes and reduce others some is what Im hoping.
We are entering the part of the schedule were I don't think minutes are going to increase for some players. Roles have been defined and the bench is much shorter at this point of the season. If I was them I would be trying to make a impact in practice. Lots of value in helping the team prepare for opponents. Also you never can predict injuries or foul situations.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:29 AM   #15
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
We are entering the part of the schedule were I don't think minutes are going to increase for some players. Roles have been defined and the bench is much shorter at this point of the season. If I was them I would be trying to make a impact in practice. Lots of value in helping the team prepare for opponents. Also you never can predict injuries or foul situations.
I agree. Seems like the bulk of the minutes will go to:

Jenifer, Cumberland, Williams, Scott, Brooks, Broome, Nsoseme. With Fredericks and Moore getting some as fouls or matchups define. Then very few minutes left for Logan Johnson. I hope he sees as many minutes as he can against decent competiton (we know from Eggs game that he is unlikely to see many minutes against Miss st, UCLA, Houston, UCF ...)
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #16
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post

Jenifer, Cumberland, Williams, Scott, Brooks, Broome, Nsoseme. With Fredericks and Moore getting some as fouls or matchups define. Then very few minutes left for Logan Johnson. I hope he sees as many minutes as he can against decent competiton (we know from Eggs game that he is unlikely to see many minutes against Miss st, UCLA, Houston, UCF ...)
Definitely agree.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #17
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
After UCLA we might see a 3 game stretch where Johnson and other bench players can get extended minutes. Any experience can help if and when we need to call on them
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #18
Lawrugby89

Lawrugby89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post

All this is subject to how they play. If they win this way like against Xavier, then great. If not, then you look at other options of which Logan Johnson is the first.
Lawrugby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #19
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
At this point I think Fredricks is the only player we should hope or expect to see much improvement/increased role moving towards March. Maybe Moore if his shot starts falling consistently. I love Logan and his potential for the next 3 1/2 years but he isnt going to unseat Jenifer as the starting PG. Our goal this year is not to have Logan starting nor is it our best or only chance to win come March.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:22 AM   #20
icehole3

icehole3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Im willing to accept 2 maybe even 3 losses to get these guys meaningful minutes, that's how important I think it is to advance in the Tourney. 2 or 3 games I would sit Brooks and Broome. They can afford it to get Moore, Fredericks and Johnson meaningful minutes, just my 2 cents.
icehole3 is offline   Reply With Quote