Cougars by 1-4 points 0 0%
Cougars by 5+ points 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #151
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I absolutely agree with this post. I am also concerned about how good this league is getting and our recruiting struggles. I think the 2020 class will dictate the future of this program under Cronin. I 100% agree that if Cronin can’t pull off a stellar class in 2020 he will likely be unable to compete and probably be inevitably let go. We will probably start losing a lot more and not be able to get to the tournament. If we aren’t winning, competing for conference titles, and making the tournament then I will want a new coach. However, that is all hypothetical at this point.....but still concerning.
Well, I'm glad we can all agree on something. In a weird way I believe that losing may be Cronin's best medicine at this point. He's won half court rock fights at such a high clip in the formative AAC's years he's become "kennel blind" to a degree. When you start losing then you're forced to do some soul searching and retooling of your team and philosophy. When you win at a high percentage you don't feel the need to change much obviously. Mick hasn't lost a lot so he can justify continuing his style of play and philosophy. Some of Mick's rag tag underdog Big East teams were at least kinda fun to watch and would occasionally take down top tier teams. When's the last time he's beaten a highly ranked team? I do not want to play Memphis because Penny is out for blood with how much he's lost to us and he's bringing in the horses to do it. There's going to be a lot of coaches who want to unseat Mick and our program as the premier team in our league. Houston pretty much just did that. So maybe losing will force Cronin to do some serious reflection and reignite his energy and passion. When I saw Hurley going nuts on the Uconn sideline hyping the crowd up majorily and fiercely cheering on his players, I just thought, man, that is what we need big time.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #152
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Nice rant. LoJo did hit a 3 today. Justin couldn’t hit the Ohio River from the Roebking bridge today. Maybe wrong day for the rant?

That was just not a good effort in that second half. All Bearcat fans on edge as we should be. Time to learn from it and move on.

It would be nice to have a point guard that can create shots for people
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #153
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by collards View Post
Well they will never get in the tournament by quitting as they did today. MC should be called into the ADs office tomorrow with the Head of the UCATS there.
Mick would say we lost on purpose so we can be in the 2,3 seed and avoid the UCF and home team Memphis against the number one seed. LOL
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #154
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftonballer View Post
Well, I'm glad we can all agree on something. In a weird way I believe that losing may be Cronin's best medicine at this point. He's won half court rock fights at such a high clip in the formative AAC's years he's become "kennel blind" to a degree. When you start losing then you're forced to do some soul searching and retooling of your team and philosophy. When you win at a high percentage you don't feel the need to change much obviously. Mick hasn't lost a lot so he can justify continuing his style of play and philosophy. Some of Mick's rag tag underdog Big East teams were at least kinda fun to watch and would occasionally take down top tier teams. When's the last time he's beaten a highly ranked team? I do not want to play Memphis because Penny is out for blood with how much he's lost to us and he's bringing in the horses to do it. There's going to be a lot of coaches who want to unseat Mick and our program as the premier team in our league. Houston pretty much just did that. So maybe losing will force Cronin to do some serious reflection and reignite his energy and passion. When I saw Hurley going nuts on the Uconn sideline hyping the crowd up majorily and fiercely cheering on his players, I just thought, man, that is what we need big time.
You want Hurley? I want to punch Hurley.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #155
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
LOL
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:16 PM   #156
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Nice rant. LoJo did hit a 3 today. Justin couldn’t hit the Ohio River from the Roebking bridge today. Maybe wrong day for the rant?

That was just not a good effort in that second half. All Bearcat fans on edge as we should be. Time to learn from it and move on.

It would be nice to have a point guard that can create shots for people
Wow, Logan hit one shot, I guess that completely makes my critique of him wrong. Nice try. Justin jenifer was in tears during the anthem today. My guess is the emotions of the day were too much for him. I'd still play him over Logan at this point. Also my rant is perfect timing because this board has been a shit show all day. My rant wasnt about Logan Johnson either. Maybe read it again to understand what I was saying. My only point on Logan was to tell the one guy with his mouth around his nutsack to chill out and quit posting untrue things about him

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 03-10-2019 at 05:36 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #157
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No. Read what I said. I want more passion, energy and cheerleading from our coach. I've already said what a jackass Hurley is. He's a guy you despise.. if he's on the other sideline. I dont want bitching and finger pointing. All our coaching staff's energy and passion is seriously lacking, we need an infusion of that in a big way. Players feed off that so do recruits, fans etc it's systemic...nobody ever talked about this but during our meltdown in the tournamnet with Nevada, Mick really had me questioning his coaching ability. When Jarron committed his fifth foul he went absolutely berserk and screaming at Jarron laying into him with no stopping. He displayed more passion and energy cussing Jarron out, even though he made a dumb play, than he did coaching the rest of our guys up. That one display disheartened me to no end. Jarron had already fouled out, you cant change the play, he's not playing anymore, yet he spent all this energy on something that he could not control or would have any effect on stopping our team from going down like the Titanic.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #158
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Get over your obsession with Logan Johnson and bashing of Justin Jenifer. Jenifer plays well in Cronins system and when its Logans turn I think we all assume he will too. As it stands now Logan is an athletic spark to the defense and nothing else. He gets completely lost in our system on defense leaving his man (aka open shots), makes lazy, telegraphed passes and cant shoot. Playing against directional schools in November would not have changed this. Jenifer isnt an all-American and he had a bad day today but he plays hard and shoots well and doesnt turn the ball over. In two years as a starter he led the team to a 56-10 record. Also if Logan Johnson chooses to transfer like you naively keep saying then I say good riddance because he isn't the type of player we need or want on this team if he were to do that. Truth is there is no merit to your statements. Johnson was interviewed recently and it was pretty clear he was happy here and understood his role and how he had to wait and learn to play.

This board over the years has lost plenty of good, rational posters over this boards obsession from time to time to Mick bash and player bash. Whereas a fan board should be open to all opinions and honest critiques of players and coaches, there also is a lost notion that fans of a team dont want to come onto a safe space to discuss a team they love and have to read negative after negative reviews of the team they love so dear. Put me squarely in that circle. I love this team and have been on this board since its inception in 2010. But I dont come here to listen to people bash players and the coach and that is why so many people leave the site year after year. I understand being frustrated at losing. We got embarrassed on our own floor today. We probably wont make it out of the first weekend of the tourney yet again. There is a clear hole in this team that wont be corrected in the next two weeks, it just wont. Do we need to constantly harp on the negative or can we appreciate what is going right? Rant over
Well said, and on the Transfer topic, Mick has said(recently on the Jim Rome show). he tells guys the truth about sitting for a couple of years because he can’t afford transfers due to bullshitting players and their families about playing time. I am sure honesty and empty pockets are tough recruiting tools to use.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #159
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
No. Read what I said. I want more passion, energy and cheerleading from our coach. I've already said what a jackass Hurley is. He's a guy you despise.. if he's on the other sideline. I dont want bitching and finger pointing. All our coaching staff's energy and passion is seriously lacking, we need an infusion of that in a big way. Players feed off that so do recruits, fans etc it's systemic...nobody ever talked about this but during our meltdown in the tournamnet with Nevada, Mick really had me questioning his coaching ability. When Jarron committed his fifth foul he went absolutely berserk and screaming at Jarron laying into him with no stopping. He displayed more passion and energy cussing Jarron out, even though he made a dumb play, than he did coaching the rest of our guys up. That one display disheartened me to no end. Jarron had already fouled out, you cant change the play, he's not playing anymore, yet he spent all this energy on something that he could not control or would have any effect on stopping our team from going down like the Titanic.
More passion from Mick? Lol... you ever watched mick through the years?

Put down the beer. Grab some water... it's been a long day for us all.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:05 PM   #160
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
I just wanted to think about punching Hurley