Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #101
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Cronin overpromised on most recruits... he told me lance was the best talent he's seen since Oscar... he's told me Trevor was the best shooter he's ever seen. Etc.
I never understood way the kid was here. Wasn’t really a place for him and it seemed like he was asked to play out of position all year. Most of the time he was ask to play in the paint and he was 6’3, maybe 6’4. Odd that we recruited him in the first place
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #102
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cronin overpromised on most recruits... he told me lance was the best talent he's seen since Oscar... he's told me Trevor was the best shooter he's ever seen. Etc.
Trevor and Larry Davis....Actually, I'll give him Lance, he was a freaking stud that was used incorrectly here.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #103
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I never understood way the kid was here. Wasn’t really a place for him and it seemed like he was asked to play out of position all year. Most of the time he was ask to play in the paint and he was 6’3, maybe 6’4. Odd that we recruited him in the first place
When we landed him he was described as a 6'6 hybrid forward that could shoot like a 3 but rebound like a 4. Granted how inexperienced our front court was going into last season, he seemed like somebody who could come in and compete for minutes at multiple positions right away.

We took a risk and the kid couldn't find his niche in high major D1 ball. No hard feelings from me. I would've supported him had he stayed and wish him nothing but the best as he wraps up his career elsewhere.

His best performance as a Bearcat ironically came in our worst offensive showing as a team @SMU. He gave us 15 minutes off the bench scoring 6 points with 4 rebounds and hit two free throws in the final 10 seconds that ultimately put the game away.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #104
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
do you not want the coach to talk up his recruits
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #105
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
do you not want the coach to talk up his recruits
I like him to talk them up....AND be accurate
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:34 AM   #106
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Jarron Cumberland has not made decision if he will return to UC for his senior season or not. Per John Fay
Old 04-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #107
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Jarron Cumberland has not made decision if he will return to UC for his senior season or not. Per John Fay
Do you think Bohn should be sharing any information with Vumberland re:coaching search?

I kinda wish they were, making him a part of it, but also understand this is college and perhaps he need not be a part of it currently.

I guess I just want him to stay
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #108
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Maybe we can land this guy:

cnet.com/videos/toyotas-cue-3-basketball-robot
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #109
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
but can he play defense.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #110
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Do you think Bohn should be sharing any information with Vumberland re:coaching search?

I kinda wish they were, making him a part of it, but also understand this is college and perhaps he need not be a part of it currently.

I guess I just want him to stay
Personally, no, I understand the concept but they shouldn't be making decisions based on a players preference in college. I get what you're saying and it makes sense but that's a slippery slope. I think Cumberland should know who they are looking at, but not have a say in who they hire.