Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2019, 09:17 AM   #41
Profchaos102

Profchaos102 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
I get your point. Flip side of your argument is Mick didn't have not ONE single white scholarship player his ENTIRE tenure. Did you think it was unfair no white players came here? I don't think race is a issue at Uc
You put some disrespect into Adam Haruciniuk’s name.
Profchaos102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #42
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Brannen is going after Antoine Pettway, the top recruiter at Alabama. He's been ranked as a top 10 recruiter by 247Sports for the past 3 classes.

Brannen isn't messing around. He seems to believe UC is a place that can land top recruits.
I think him and Shumate would be ideal and then maybe a former UC player to tie everything together.

And the more I read about this guy the more excited I get. Relentless work ethic and drive to succeed. Not to mention the guy is smart as hell and can probably has a good handle on analytics and X's and O's. I know Cronin required extreme work ethic out of his players but I don't think we are going to be taking a step back here.

Article on Cincinnat.com says Brannen didn't have much interest in talking to UCLA (after a friend reached out to gauge his interest) but was kind of hoping for the scenario that actually played out. He wanted the UC job if Cronin left...and that could mean one of those long term tenures like Huggins and Cronin if things go well. He's home. He's in a good conference. This seems like such a perfect fit from the start. If this were golf he lead in round 1 and went wire to wire in the search.

Obviously he still has to prove it on the court...but it more and more seems like a home run hire to me. I can't wait for the season to start and I just hope he locks down the roster right now which is also his top priority at the moment.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #43
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profchaos102 View Post
We were going to sign (or signed and then kicked him off the team shortly after) Nick Aldridge from Portsmouth, OH/Western Carolina during Cronin's early years as well.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #44
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
pettway is home run hire. One of best if not best in South at recruiting. Might take close to mil to get him though
Sounds like he is making 280K right now. I would imagine a weak offer could get matched so make it strong like 400K and see what happens.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #45
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Sounds like he is making 280K right now. I would imagine a weak offer could get matched so make it strong like 400K and see what happens.
Article I read said Brannen Is offering more money and “A better job title”, whatever that would be. Sounds like it would be a really nice get.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #46
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profchaos102 View Post
Adam's not white. Adam's clear.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #47
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Article I read said Brannen Is offering more money and “A better job title”, whatever that would be. Sounds like it would be a really nice get.
And maybe incentives for specific goals attained as a team. throw the farm at him! There are some recruiting hotbeds out there...Brannen probably has the midwest covered. That's a big chunk of territory and talent covered with one hire.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:11 AM   #48
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
At minimum 700k. I don't know if assistant coaches get house and car allowances also but I'll throw him whatever he wants.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #49
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
We were going to sign (or signed and then kicked him off the team shortly after) Nick Aldridge from Portsmouth, OH/Western Carolina during Cronin's early years as well.
I thought he was a Huggins commit that never made it on campus
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #50
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
For comparison, anybody know what UC assistant coaches were making the last couple years?
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote