Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #1391
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
I'm too lazy can someone post the new roster for 2019 and 2020?
Class: 2020 2021 2022 2023

Cumberland
Cumberland
Scott
McNeal
Sorolla

Williams
Moore

Diarra
Vogt

Gillam
Hardnett
Davenport
Adams-Woods
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:11 PM   #1392
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I dont think the local perception of Mick was all that fair.

With that being said... I'm more excites for this yr than previous years.
If you get project players out of respect to city and surrounding areas it has be local guy. No way Hayes should've had go Texas play one year of basketball. We didn't sign him over Nso and diarra
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #1393
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I would like to think we will see a very heavy dose of...

Cumberland
Cumberland
Williams
Scott

Maybe even 30+ mpg each.

Then the veterans between Diara, Sorolla, Moore, and McNeal should have a leg up on next available minutes. They have played against D1 already.

The first year guys will find it tougher to get on the court as always between MAW, Davenport, Gillam, and Hardnett. But I would expect maybe 1 or two of them to play their way on the court.

Very hard to dole out minutes except the first 4 on this list. Also very hard to figure who will step up out of the rest.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #1394
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Man what a crazy couple of days. With the Jaevin commit, I think we are going to rely on about 7 players....
Jarron, Jaevin, Keith, Tre, Diarra, Sorolla and McNeal.

I am sure JB discussed with McNeal the possibility of Jaevin coming here too. This is his 5th year at a 5th different school so I am assuming he is expecting to play quite a bit. Sorolla will have to play to spell Tre and Diarra.

The lineup could even be 2 guards, 2 wings and Tre Scott based on what JB likes to run, fast paced run and gun and full court press.

The rest of the team such as Moore, Prince, Laquill, and Adams-Woods will play sparingly

I think Davenport may redshirt if I had to guess. Just not enough minutes to go around and we will be loaded at the wing this year.

Lets be real JB is not going to play 13 guys in a game, not sure if this may hurt the feelings of some of the Cronin guys such as Prince, Laquill and Moore. But either way I am ready to ride with this team against anyone on our schedule this year. I don't think any team we will play is going to be substantially better than us (maybe Memphis, but lets just see how 5 freshman play together before I make that decision)
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #1395
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
If Moore can actually make 3s this year, that would help a lot. I hope brannen can help him figure it out. Surrounding Jarron with a couple shooters would be ideal.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #1396
Vanhoop

Vanhoop is on a distinguished road
I kinda doubt Davenprt will redshirt as I think he's more of a small forward even though his only 6'5 his style of play is prototypical small forward. Also saw him play a few times in High School and the kids underrated bigtime.
Vanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #1397
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Man what a crazy couple of days. With the Jaevin commit, I think we are going to rely on about 7 players....
Jarron, Jaevin, Keith, Tre, Diarra, Sorolla and McNeal.

I am sure JB discussed with McNeal the possibility of Jaevin coming here too. This is his 5th year at a 5th different school so I am assuming he is expecting to play quite a bit. Sorolla will have to play to spell Tre and Diarra.

The lineup could even be 2 guards, 2 wings and Tre Scott based on what JB likes to run, fast paced run and gun and full court press.

The rest of the team such as Moore, Prince, Laquill, and Adams-Woods will play sparingly

I think Davenport may redshirt if I had to guess. Just not enough minutes to go around and we will be loaded at the wing this year.

Lets be real JB is not going to play 13 guys in a game, not sure if this may hurt the feelings of some of the Cronin guys such as Prince, Laquill and Moore. But either way I am ready to ride with this team against anyone on our schedule this year. I don't think any team we will play is going to be substantially better than us (maybe Memphis, but lets just see how 5 freshman play together before I make that decision)
I wouldn’t discount Prince - He may see a lot more time than you think
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:02 PM   #1398
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The cool thing is I don't think Brannen has slept a wink. He has had Loveday on Campus and Saunders. Has two more 2020 4 stars lined up for visits from what I can tell.

Shit got serious in a hurry
Shhhh. Don't tell anybody. This might mean he's not aHorizon League hack in way over his head
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #1399
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
I think the only sure bet starters will be Cumberland, Scott, and Williams.

If we are truly going to be a true Run and "Good Shot" Gun team, then I see maybe a 10 player rotation.

Again with Cronin gone, so is his depth chart philosophy, play my defense at all cost philosophy, so as fans we have to move on from that area. No mention of offense philosophy lol!

I hope we don't compare player minutes in "Horizon" vs "AAC" competition, that's a waste. Memphis has the #1 recruiting class, so the bar is set for all hands on deck. I hope no one is red shirted. Time to compete!

Last edited by Loser Mentality; 06-03-2019 at 02:31 PM. Reason: word used incorrectly
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #1400
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanhoop View Post
I kinda doubt Davenprt will redshirt as I think he's more of a small forward even though his only 6'5 his style of play is prototypical small forward. Also saw him play a few times in High School and the kids underrated bigtime.
I thin Davenport is going to be really good. Good size and has offensive skills to build on. I think he could be an all league player in a couple years.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote