Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #1731
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Interesting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uc.JPG (11.5 KB, 41 views)
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #1732
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Interesting
You look at the shoulder height and the overall height between Hardnett and Gillam. Hardnett has about 3" or so overall but at the shoulder they aren't more than an inch or so apart. Hardnett has a much longer neck and shoulder taper but you can't block shots with your neck.

That is a crazy difference from the shoulder up
Old 06-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #1733
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
You look at the shoulder height and the overall height between Hardnett and Gillam. Hardnett has about 3" or so overall but at the shoulder they aren't more than an inch or so apart. Hardnett has a much longer neck and shoulder taper but you can't block shots with your neck.

That is a crazy difference from the shoulder up

i noticed that and it makes me wonder what the difference is when they both raise their hands straight up in the air.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #1734
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i noticed that and it makes me wonder what the difference is when they both raise their hands straight up in the air.
Doesn't Prince have like a 7 foot wingspan? Not sure what Hardnetts is but 7ft for a guy 6'5 or 6-6 is pretty good.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #1735
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Lol, Prince missing a neck
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #1736
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
micks brother on twitter mentioned something about putting out feelers and sometimes its a waste of time when talking about the kid from virginia. my guess is the feelers tell them they have no chance but it still rings hollow you still got to try. cronin way of recruiting works without a doubt but its frustrating for fans
It's typically a 17 year old kid surrounded by idiot handlers. Take the afternoon and go meet the kid and his family, watch a practice or a game, and see what happens. I have networking lunches on the regular with less upside. Plus if you don't have an in with a particular recruit, the HS or AAU coach might be a good relationship to build in the future. Someone from UC should meet a tri-state 3-star and above prospect no matter what.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #1737
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
It's typically a 17 year old kid surrounded by idiot handlers. Take the afternoon and go meet the kid and his family, watch a practice or a game, and see what happens. I have networking lunches on the regular with less upside. Plus if you don't have an in with a particular recruit, the HS or AAU coach might be a good relationship to build in the future. Someone from UC should meet a tri-state 3-star and above prospect no matter what.
I've never seen handlers and im around tons of players. The person you described to go meet family is what I would call a handler and that doesn't happen unless its somebody getting a free interview, then go charge for what was talked about. Family members aren't handlers at all. No college coach or media person wake up at 5am and go workout with high school kids.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #1738
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
That’s what I wondered. Depending on wingspan it could be close. Also vertical would come into play
Old 06-21-2019, 03:50 PM   #1739
Vanhoop

Vanhoop is on a distinguished road
Zach Harvey is why Hardnett left?

Rumor is that Zach Harvey has been on campus since the 16th and has not left and is reclassifying to 2019. This is why we got rid of Hardnett. Harvey is a big time recruit that is on USA basketballs junior national team. Anyone heard anything on this other than Mo Egger on the radio saying UC Basketball has some big time news coming soon??? Any truth that we are signing him soon??

Last edited by Vanhoop; 06-21-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Vanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #1740
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Just got sterlin miles for football and saw a tweet that he is the first of 2 UC recruits announcing today, my guess is Harvey will announce by the end of the day
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote